Why become a member? ×

mini-micro Geordie bass bash postponed

warwickhunt

Following several communications between WoT and myself we thought we'd like to see how our 'new' cabs stack up against each other and how we remember our recently departed cabs sounding.

I've got access to my workplace on Wednesday afternoon/early evening where noise isn't an issue and we can turn up the wick a bit. If there is anyone local to Blyth (NE24) and fancies bringing a cab or 2, an amp or 2 and a bass... or 2 give me a shout.

If all else fails me and WoT will feedback on his Schroeder 410 and my DB12s through Thunderfunk and Mesa Boogie amps :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='JD1' post='249679' date='Jul 28 2008, 03:47 PM']Hi - would have been up for it but on a show all next week. Would like a try of a TF. Fancy a change from my GK but not sure what.[/quote]

Maybe next time!

If you are local to the NE just PM me and I'm sure we can sort out you having a bash with the TF.

We may well have DR cabs as well as the Aggies and Schroeder... nice!

OK

Warwick, Fender P, Modulus Flea - into - Mesa Boogie, Thunderfunk, GK - ran through - Schroeder, Aguilar, DR cabs it is :)

I'm wondering about the validity/feasibility of sticking an ambient mic' somewhere in front of the cabs (static positioning) and doing a 'brief' digital recording (one of those little BOSS 4/32 track recorders) of each of the different combos recorded flat... I might stick a quick thread up to see what the pitfalls will be :huh:

We are going to give this a couple of weeks so that we can get a better selection of amps and cabs together. In the meantime I'm going to experiment with sticking a vocal mic' in front of my cab and see what can be done with the minimum of equipment. I may well be picking brains for advice on uploading samples :)

I'd be up for this assuming I'm free on whatever day you settle on. I can bring a Tech Soundsystems 2x12, Ampeg SVP-Pro, DHA Dual Rackmount, Ric 4003 (stock), Ric 4003 (w/60s pickups/electronics) and a TE T-Bass (w/Seymour Duncan Jazz and MM pickups/preamp).

I'm also waiting on Dave Hall to finish off my all-valve VT5 amp (12AX7's plus an EL90 power valve) so if that comes in time I can bring that too, would be a great opportunity to put it through it's paces.

Regards,
Steve.

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='251405' date='Jul 30 2008, 03:23 PM']I'd be up for this assuming I'm free on whatever day you settle on. I can bring a Tech Soundsystems 2x12, Ampeg SVP-Pro, DHA Dual Rackmount, Ric 4003 (stock), Ric 4003 (w/60s pickups/electronics) and a TE T-Bass (w/Seymour Duncan Jazz and MM pickups/preamp).

I'm also waiting on Dave Hall to finish off my all-valve VT5 amp (12AX7's plus an EL90 power valve) so if that comes in time I can bring that too, would be a great opportunity to put it through it's paces.

Regards,
Steve.[/quote]

Nice one Steve.

We'll arrange something during August for sure. We'll stay touch. BTW I hear you are helping the lads out and filling in for the gig I couldn't do, nice one. Are you gigging with Diablo this week/weekend?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='251477' date='Jul 30 2008, 04:57 PM']...BTW I hear you are helping the lads out and filling in for the gig I couldn't do, nice one...[/quote]

Hi John, yep I'm depping at the Fat Ox gig on the 23rd, I hope I can do you and the lads justice! :huh: I'm looking forward to it, some of the set is the same as Diablo's, others I've played a few years back and the grey matter still has tenuous links to them, and the rest are new to me. RHCP's "By The Way" intro will be an interesting test for my fingers up the dusty end of my bass! Got it all worked out, no probs, even the odd tuning to get that very last chord but 10% of the time I get my fingers on top of each other :) More practice...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='251477' date='Jul 30 2008, 04:57 PM']...Are you gigging with Diablo this week/weekend?...[/quote]

Not this weekend, we had to cancel unfortunately for an operation at short notice - health comes first of course. We'll be back on the 9th at The Star on Westgate Rd. Great place, even though the parking/unloading is such a pain!

When's your new duo gigging and what sort of material are you doing?

Edited by stevebasshead

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='251504' date='Jul 30 2008, 05:55 PM']Hi John, yep I'm depping at the Fat Ox gig on the 23rd, I hope I can do you and the lads justice! :huh: I'm looking forward to it, some of the set is the same as Diablo's, others I've played a few years back and the grey matter still has tenuous links to them, and the rest are new to me. RHCP's "By The Way" intro will be an interesting test for my fingers up the dusty end of my bass! Got it all worked out, no probs, even the odd tuning to get that very last chord but 10% of the time I get my fingers on top of each other :) More practice...

Not this weekend, we had to cancel unfortunately for an operation at short notice - health comes first of course. We'll be back on the 9th at The Star on Westgate Rd. Great place, even though the parking/unloading is such a pain!

When's your new duo gigging and what sort of material are you doing?[/quote]

Hell if I can blag my way through that stuff then you'll do a sterling job... hang on maybe that's why I'm NOT doing it!

Duo has progressed from Simon & Garfunkel to Green Day and Georgia Satellites :huh:

[quote name='DHA' post='251671' date='Jul 30 2008, 09:34 PM']I'am a Geordie!, right about the size. :huh:[/quote]

I'm sure we are talking about the same Geordie dimensions :huh: