Why become a member? ×

I have, officially, the best girlfriend ever!

ubit

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1409492980' post='2540134']
I'm gonna definitely stick with this one, but what the hell can I buy her now to match this ;(
[/quote]

So far I've bought Mrs Zero two ocarinas, a stylophone, and (for one Valentine's Day) a didgeridoo. There's plenty of instruments out there...

Just remember that gifts can become weapons.

That would have a nice arc and trajectory for throwing two handed, or being swung like an axe towards you. Also the bass strings are excellent impromptu garrotting wires. Four of them....!

It's like the look you get when you're out and you have a joke at her expense in front of friends ; the "just wait til I get you home" through gritted teeth crocodile smile and stare expression.

Mrs bassman doesn't do this as she is a supporter of my hobby, but I've witnessed other less fortunate musician friends with a pint of Guinness adorning and drenching and dripping over a new ampeg 8x10 that was bought with the money supposed to be for a weekend away with her.

Edited by bassman344

• 3 weeks later...

I had a girlfriend of similar quality once. She bought me a 1990 Gibson Custom Shop Thunderbird for my birthday. Jet black, ebony fingerboard, gold hardware. One previous owner, Floyd London of The Almighty.

Those of you who kept your old "Bassist" magazines, it's featured in the "My Bass Is A ..." bit of the September 1996 issue (ZZ Top cover). :)