Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. Please remove. Squier Silver Series Jazz bass. Photo Update. Now £250.
£275

itsmedunc

Updated photo's of under the plate and control plate.

Also photo of some damage which I cant remember being there before going away! I will have words with my son... Hence the reduction.

Silver Series Jazz, in very good condition for year. I bought this off a fellow BC'er last year. It was his backup and he said it was the closest thing to his 62 that he had found. Started to peel a bit on the headstock, the gloss on the back of the neck has all but gone. Has a couple of tiny dings and a couple of surface scratches but nothing bad. the scuffs will probably polish out. It plays and sounds very well and has no problems. Weight pretty light at 3.7kg.

Currently strung with flats. Got my eye on something so a few basses are going up for sale.

Price plus postage or collect from Blackburn BB22SH.

[url="http://s871.photobucket.com/user/itsmedunc/library/Silver%20Series%20Jazz?sort=3&page=1"]http://s871.photobuc...z?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Wilco' timestamp='1407791315' post='2524117']
If it's anything like mine, an awesome sounding bass for the money! GLWTS
[/quote]

It truly is a great bass. She booms!

Edited by itsmedunc

To be honest I haven't got a clue what the wood is but I'm sure somebody on here will know. I've heard of the strats being made of alder or basswood though. I've never taken the plate off but when I get home at weekend I'll take it off and post some pics.

Cheers

Dunc

If it's anything like my old one, it will be great!

Only reason I sold is I don't get on with Jazz basses- I'm P through and through, and am now hankering for a silver series P!

Great neck profile on these and the ceramic pickups sound awesome.

BTW I think the body is basswood. It's definitely not Ply!

From what I was able to ascertain during research before I bought mine, the Silver Series bodies are either Basswood or Woodfibre (not plywood - more mdf). The wood fibre bodies were very heavy so had additional routing under the pickguard, so lifting that should identify it. If under the pickguard things look 'normal' then Basswood. If more routing than normal, Woodfibre.

The good news is the excellent reputation these instruments have is derived from both. It doesn't matter which of the two materials the body is made from - they both sound equally as good apparently!!

At 3.7kg this is going to be basswood, not fibre. I had a fibre E series Squier Jazz and it weighed around 4.5kg. Also had a basswood Silver Series Jazz and, yes, both sounded equally good and exactly like Jazz basses. I can't speak for this one but my Silver Series Jazz had a 40mm wide neck at the nut, so slightly wider than the usual Jazz bass. A very good size, I think.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1408207032' post='2528103']
At 3.7kg this is going to be basswood, not fibre. I had a fibre E series Squier Jazz and it weighed around 4.5kg. Also had a basswood Silver Series Jazz and, yes, both sounded equally good and exactly like Jazz basses. I can't speak for this one but my Silver Series Jazz had a 40mm wide neck at the nut, so slightly wider than the usual Jazz bass. A very good size, I think.
[/quote]

From my research I got the impression they used the same neck profile on both the J and P's.

The neck was an excellent shape- 40mm wide nut, as above, and a nice depth. Very easy to play. The pickups sounded very deep and thumpy, being ceramic.

Body fitted neck well and was light- not much else to say about that for me, which may be why they tend to be good with either body wood. It's all about the neck and the sound.

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1408228518' post='2528298']
From my research I got the impression they used the same neck profile on both the J and P's.

[/quote]

Yes - I had a Silver Series Precision as well and the neck was identical to the Silver Series Jazz apart from the logo! That P was also lightweight - a really fantastic bass.