Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!!! Considering selling my '91 Rickenbacker 4001 Chris Squire Ltd

Hi

I'm considering selling my '91 Rick 4001 CS Signature. It's one of the early ones with the longer headstock and thinner neck (actually the slimmest Ric neck I've played, and I've played dozens). Well played, several dings, scratches etc, some minor paintwear (the paintwork on these always seems to suffer somewhat if you actually play them). Comes without the silver case (never got it; bought used) and I don't have the original cert but do have a copy. I've had one before and am a member of the Rick Resource Forum; it's definitely legit. Great player, big sound but I'm loving my old Rics more. No actual [i]need[/i] to sell though.

I'm a newbie here so it may take some time for me to work out how to post pics; however I'm happy to send high res pics to anyone interested if you drop me your email. Can take pics on request if necessary.

I'm looking at £1650; although it's got player wear and comes without the goodies it's still rare & collectible and is one of the earlier more accurate ones. I would however consider a deal (maybe a swap) on any early checkerbound Ric with the full width inlays as long as it's structurally sound. If it's got walnut headstock wings, even better.

I may, repeat [i]may[/i], consider a deal + cash on a decent Jaydee MK (but would have to be a lightish one, under 10 lbs if such a thing exists; chronic back problems!) or Wal Pro 2, or possibly another Sei bass (but not a Jazz). Of course if anyone fancies throwing an Alembic Rogue or similar my way I'd consider that too. Would maybe consider a Pedulla MVP of some description but given that the going rate for those in the UK isn't great it would have to be accompanied by a decent amount of cash (no disrespect to Pedullas which are great, but I know from getting rid of my last one!).

Just to add that I'm only considering this at the moment so could change my mind......

Edited by 4000

Mine's number 199 of the run. It's a great bass; I just prefer my '73 4000 and my '72 4001 (my '73 4001 is currently with a man in San Francisco being refurbed... :) ).

Looks like it may not be going anywhere anyway as I've had no interest yet despite posting it in several places (I'll try and get pics up later). I'm not going to let it go for less than I want (I don't [i]need[/i] to sell it) so we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Stag' post='248417' date='Jul 26 2008, 01:58 PM']mmm. that is very sexy indeed. Very sexy. Same colour as my 4001...[/quote]

Is yours a white gone cream (as they tend to)? The CS is the only Ric made in this colour (the photos are actually a bit washed out; it's yellower than it looks in the photos.).

Edited by 4000

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='4000' post='248420' date='Jul 26 2008, 02:01 PM']Is yours a white gone cream (as they tend to)? The CS is the only Ric made in this colour (the photos are actually a bit washed out; it's yellower than it looks in the photos.).[/quote]

yes... id go with the "butter" colour that GK was referring to. A light butter, but a butter nonetheless. :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='275520' date='Sep 2 2008, 03:29 PM']Done, for £511.00! (I'm hoping you didn't see my little edit there :) )

lovely bass, I WANT I WANT I WANT![/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Should Have Gone to Specsavers! :huh:

• 1 month later...