Why become a member? ×

Modified Pedal Train Junior project

Austin1303

Hello,

I just thought I'd share this project which I have just completed.

A few months back I decided that I was going upgrade my pedal board from a pedal train mini to a pedal train junior. This was to accommodate a TC Electronic nova system into my set up. I wanted to get the following out of this project:[list]
[*]Have input/output jacks mounted on the board.
[*]Have one mains voltage IEC plug on the board for both the nova system and power supply.
[*]Route the cabling inside the pedal train box section
[*]Spray the board metallic red to match my TC gear.
[/list]
The pedals which I wanted to put on the board were:[list]
[*]TC polytune mini
[*]TC ditto looper
[*]MXR bass compressor
[*]TC nova system.
[/list]
I decided to use a Harley Benton power supply for the compact pedals as it was well priced, had great reviews and came with a stack of cables. I'm pleased to say it hasn't disappointed.

I managed to pick up a second hand junior with hard case for £60 on eBay so with that in hand I could begin...

I drilled some holes to access the inside of the box section at strategic places, these were line with grommets to tidy up the edges. I also made a plate to cover the two large holes and mount the power plug as well as a junction box for the wiring. Finally, I drilled two holes for the two jack sockets...

Edited by Austin1303

When it was all dry, I fitted all of the parts such as the plate, junction box, jack sockets, feet and grommets. I then attached the power supply using velcro and routed the cable into the box. At this point I also fixed all of the pedals on top using velcro again. I fitted the power cable to nova system and run this into the junction box. i was then able to wire this up and fit the cover...

Finally I wired up all of the pedals from the power supply. I then used lava cable for all of the audio cabling which was again routed in the board. The finished product looks like this...

I am happy with how it turned out and will give it a good test drive at the weekend :)