Why become a member? ×

DHA - Compressor

DHA

Hi,

I am happy at last with the VT1 valve compressor design and I will be returning the modified prototype to CK this week. I have added a hard/soft compression switch after Steve's comments.

I will do a pedal version but I will also make a 1U rack version that will be a bit more advanced.

The 1U rack will have 2 selectable compression channels that can also be switched to stereo operation. Each channel will have i/p level, Compression, Delay, o/p level and a hard/soft compression switch. In hard compression mode it will also act as a limiter at high settings. The switching will be channel 1 or 2 and true by-pass with an option to have both channels running in stereo. Two 12ax7 valves will be used.

There will be full switching control via the front panel and footswitch.

Comments welcome.

Dave

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='25591' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:13 PM']I'm in the market for a 1u rack compressor Dave - this sounds interesting - any idea of ££ at this stage?[/quote]

I have not worked it out totally yet but it should be in the £200-£250 range plus power supply and P&P. I am looking for a home for the Rack version prototype and will give you a good deal in return for a review, etc. PM me if interested.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='25667' date='Jul 1 2007, 05:44 PM']I have not worked it out totally yet but it should be in the £200-£250 range plus power supply and P&P. I am looking for a home for the Rack version prototype and will give you a good deal in return for a review, etc. PM me if interested.
Dave[/quote]

A bit out of my price range TBH Dave but thanks for the offer. Also, you'd probably best give the prototype to somebody who actually has a clue for a review and not a complete technophobe like myself!! :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='26013' date='Jul 2 2007, 01:37 PM']How many vintagilator controls will the rack mount version have Dave? :huh:[/quote]

:huh:

I didn't forget your Vintagilator control - I think you will find the hard/soft compression switch will help vintagilatoring :)

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='26256' date='Jul 2 2007, 10:06 PM']Hi Kev,

About £120 I think.

Dave[/quote]

Personally I think this is well withtin the realms of any one looking for a decent foot pedal compressor. Put me down for one if it all turns out well. I shall be watching Basschat closely for a review by Crazykiwi!
Andy

[quote name='DHA' post='25562' date='Jul 1 2007, 11:51 AM']Hi,

I am happy at last with the VT1 valve compressor design and I will be returning the modified prototype to CK this week. I have added a hard/soft compression switch after Steve's comments.

I will do a pedal version but I will also make a 1U rack version that will be a bit more advanced.

The 1U rack will have 2 selectable compression channels that can also be switched to stereo operation. Each channel will have i/p level, Compression, Delay, o/p level and a hard/soft compression switch. In hard compression mode it will also act as a limiter at high settings. The switching will be channel 1 or 2 and true by-pass with an option to have both channels running in stereo. Two 12ax7 valves will be used.

There will be full switching control via the front panel and footswitch.

Comments welcome.

Dave[/quote]

Should read Decay not Delay :)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='34588' date='Jul 20 2007, 12:45 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3238"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3238[/url]

Dave I've moved your offer to the special offers and competitions forum[/quote]

No problem, I should have put there in the first place.

Dave

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='34588' date='Jul 20 2007, 12:45 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3238"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3238[/url]

Dave I've moved your offer to the special offers and competitions forum[/quote]

Links not working Steve and I can't find it in the special offers section?

Dave

• 7 months later...

[quote name='sk8' post='152849' date='Mar 7 2008, 07:52 AM']Dave

Will the compressor add warm up a solid state amp as well as providing compression?[/quote]

a bit but not as much as any of the overdrives.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, in a way its a relief - I'm considering one of your 400w amps at some point (once the omni10s are built, new IEMs are purchased, I have my dream precision etc) and I'd feel obliged to have the matching comp if available but TBH I like my compression slid state lol.