Why become a member? ×

Traded thanks
£400

ash

Here is a complete one off, a Gordy (the Gordon half of Gordon Smith guitars) Blueshift double neck bass. This was a custom bass built for a customer in 1985 by Gordon Whitham in Manchester.
The bass comes with its original case and although a hefty beast it balances well and is comfortable to play ( but not recommended for 4 hour sets! ).
As far as I can tell the bass is original and has Schaller hardware and passive pickups. There are two outputs so the bass can be played through two separate amps and there is a push pull pot to switch it through to a single output with a toggle to switch between the necks. The electrics feature coil taps separate volumes for each pickup but no tone control.
The fretless neck is lined and plays beautifully - currently strung with new Picato flats 45 - 100. The fretted neck is also excellent and strung with Rotos. Both necks are in excellent condition with a narrow Jazz like width. The finish is satin and the grain shows through nicely. It's very prog and very eye catching! The bespoke soap bar pickups are powerful and punchy. This is a nice custom bass with a bit of UK vintage history behind it.
No trades as I have my eye on something else. Pickup preferred but if you want to arrange a courier I can do that too.

Edited by ash

Played this last night and it has an incredible sound like a jazz on steroids, the fretless is so nice to play - nails the Jaco sound on the bridge pickup, lots of 'mwah' !

Edited by ash

That's quite fantastic! Is that an accurate representation of the colour?

In many ways this is so far up my street it's virtually booting my door in. If I had a/ the cash & b/ a gigging band (we're in "aimless studio project" mode atm) I'd be all over it.

Sure you wouldn't swap for a Peavey T-40? :D

Jon.

It is a reasonably accurate representation of the colour - it's actually quite tasteful in real life and my girlfriend and daughter loves it!
Actually I would trade for a T40 as I miss my old one - they probably weigh the same! ;)

Edited by ash