Why become a member? ×

Ashdown AMB NEO 400-RC

Kevin Dean

Just received my new amp today from Sounds live very excited & Oh dear it's not rack mountable as on their Web site but in a wooden case & I needed this for the weekend ....This version isn't on Ashdowns Web site so must presume it's old stock ......anyway I'm off to sulk :angry: .

Hey Kevin, this is odd, we did do a run in sleeves recently for a distributor order so I am thinking one of these must have been sent to Soundslive in error, I will look into this now and get back to you asap, we will get it sorted, if you ordered an RC then you should have gotten an RC! The amp is of course the same instrinsically but thats not the point

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1403800855' post='2486604']
Hey Kevin, this is odd, we did do a run in sleeves recently for a distributor order so I am thinking one of these must have been sent to Soundslive in error, I will look into this now and get back to you asap, we will get it sorted, if you ordered an RC then you should have gotten an RC! The amp is of course the same instrinsically but thats not the point
[/quote]

Responses like this are yet another reason why I`m looking more and more at Ashdown. Quality customer service!

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1403813168' post='2486812']
Thanks for the reply, the invoice has ABM NEO 400 RC on it but on the box it says ABM NEO 400 RC LITE ?
[/quote]

Hey Kevin,

Yes it seems as though a sleeved version was sent instead of the standard rack one doh. This is easily rectified though as once out of the sleeve its the same head it just needs a lid and rack ears which we do as a kit. I can get a kit sent to you asap and its a very simple 10 min job to convert it then you should be sorted. As an apology for the hassle I would like to send you an Ashdown T shirt and a free Dr Green or Ashdown FX pedal of your choice...

Let me know if this is ok and apologies once again, gremlins in the warehouse!

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1403863750' post='2487181']
Hey Kevin,

Yes it seems as though a sleeved version was sent instead of the standard rack one doh. This is easily rectified though as once out of the sleeve its the same head it just needs a lid and rack ears which we do as a kit. I can get a kit sent to you asap and its a very simple 10 min job to convert it then you should be sorted. As an apology for the hassle I would like to send you an Ashdown T shirt and a free Dr Green or Ashdown FX pedal of your choice...

[/quote]

This is exactly why i use your products - that's very noble of you, sir!

Hey Kevin,

[/quote]

Well done Ashdown, great customer service :

John

Hey Kevin,

[/quote]

Curious to know who this is... I'm guessing either Lee or Dan... Leaning slightly more towards Lee

Great guys at Ashdown!

Edited by BruceBass3901

Hey Kevin,

[/quote]
Bloody Hell !!!! that's great Ok I'll go for a VU-T shirt xxl & any pedal that would help get a John Entwhistle / JJB sound thanks very much :) :) .........you could do an add with me standing next to one of your famous users saying " We even look after normal people " ;)

As an apology for the hassle I would like to send you an Ashdown T shirt and a free Dr Green or Ashdown FX pedal of your choice...
[/quote]

Can't argue with that... good stuff.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1403874145' post='2487324']
.........you could do an add with me standing next to one of your famous users saying " We even look after normal people " ;)
[/quote]

Normal? On Basschat? How very bloody dare you :rolleyes:

I've just done a quick A/B on this amp against my MB little Rocker . Both are rated at 500w .Through a Barefaced 12T cab & using a pick on my 36" Shuker.
Firstly I can sort of understand how the woolly sound comments come about , The ABM has so much more oomph in the deep end & Boll*x it could could sound like that if your sitting right next to the speaker . But Stand a few feet back & just using the shape button I get a great clear Tone with a low end depth that I never really got with the MB . The graphic I set up to get a great Stranglers sound . Using the 4 way foot switch I could use the Drive & Eq to get a Stranglers sound , Compression & Octave to get a great sound for Sledge Hammer (Peter Gabriel) .compression & drive for Killers type sounds. All this means I can do way with my effects . The mute button is very handy unlike the mute pull knob on the Markbass that is on the master volume & I find difficult the operate on a gig with my sweaty hands & is too easy to change the volume by accident .
The ABM is about 10lbs heavier than the MB but for me this isn't an issue .
At my last gig I had comments from the drummer like " Shouldn't your sound be more ballsy " from friends in the audience saying I sounded a bit HiFi . To sum up I can't see myself getting rid of this amp unless it blows up & everyone is going to love it ...apart from the keyboard player who is weird & hates low frequencies & realising this makes me like it even more :)