Why become a member? ×

Aphex Bass Xciter repair?

Rayman

do youself a favour, make sure you find someone and dont attempt it yourself!

i tried, and managed to f*** up the trace on the board around the switch, gay.

if anyone wants it btw, you can have it for a tenner :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='243921' date='Jul 20 2008, 05:10 PM']do youself a favour, make sure you find someone and dont attempt it yourself!

i tried, and managed to f*** up the trace on the board around the switch, gay.

if anyone wants it btw, you can have it for a tenner :)[/quote]

how broken is broken? do you have a picture of it?

--eric

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='244021' date='Jul 20 2008, 08:09 PM']Are there some serious reliability issues with these then?[/quote]

Don't know about the footswitch, but the input and output jacks are direct PCB mounted flush to the edge of the metal casing,which is a recipe for disaster.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='244021' date='Jul 20 2008, 08:09 PM']Are there some serious reliability issues with these then?[/quote]

Heck yes. Always the footswitch. I was warned before I bought mine.

The problem is the switch is buried amongst all the gubbins inside, and not easy to get at. I just don't want to wreck the thing trying to do it myself.

[quote name='escholl' post='244028' date='Jul 20 2008, 08:26 PM']how broken is broken? do you have a picture of it?

--eric[/quote]

the footswitch is ripped off, and some of the trace on one side leading from the switch has been damaged by my carelessness

the footswitches seem to break a LOT. and as iv discovered seem very difficult to cleanly remove

Edited by BassManKev

Yep, the footswitches are total bo**ocks. I sent my pedal back to Aphex, who replaced the switch, which then broke about two months later. I couldn't be bothered sending it back again so I bought a decent quality switch from Maplin and got and electronics engineer mate to solder it in for me. Been fine ever since!

Definitely recommend you get an expert to do the soldering for you, it's a tricky job.