Why become a member? ×

Scratchplate offcuts

bonzodog

Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain some scratchplate offcuts in tortoiseshell brown.
I decided to buy a new one to replace my Vintage V4 white one but the Vintages plates are way off a standard precision shape. As i am also adding a chrome pickup cover i decided to make the pickup cutout on the scratchplate bigger. However ive made a real cock up of it and although it fits I have two gaps either side of pick up cover. I would say i need two pieces 100mm x 15mm.
Ive looked on line and the full sheets you can buy are more expensive than the scratchplates. I could even make do with a small piece of thin plastic as long as it sort of matches but cant find any to match a tortoiseshell brown pattern.
Any help would be appreciated.
I did email JHS Vintage before i bought this one but they dont offer scratchplates for V4s apparently.

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1401809592' post='2467112']
JHS could make a good few quid if they offered replacement scratchplates on their Vintage range. I had to replace mine (V96) which a friend cut for me in brass on a flowjet. A lot of b locks for a scratchplate though.
[/quote]

They do, you've just got to order through a Vintage dealer.
I got a replacement Tony Butler sig scratchplate through my local dealer for 20 quid. Bit much I thought but you can get them.

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1401810605' post='2467121']

They do, you've just got to order through a Vintage dealer.
I got a replacement Tony Butler sig scratchplate through my local dealer for 20 quid. Bit much I thought but you can get them.
[/quote]

Thats odd as I only emailed them last week and they said they dont offer them at all direct or through dealers.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1401811362' post='2467138']
I think I have a new redish tort plate around here somewhere if you want it you can have it for nothing it may need a little dremelling to fit oh and it has 9 holes anyway if you want it and I can find it it is yours as long as you cover postage :)
[/quote]

Thats extremely kind and yes if you do find it i will happily pay postage. I assume it is a P bass scratchplate.
Thanks again