Ash Body
Highly figured Birdseye Maple Board, Ebony markers, 24 frets
36 scale
Gold Hardware
19mm spacing at bridge, adjustable +/- 0,5mm
Old Bartolini Single Coils, 70th positions
Pope preamp
Weight: 4,7 kg / 10.3 lbs

I owned this bass from 2009 to 2011, sold it then and recently bought it back, as the new owner fell in love with another brand. But due to my current sales push I am offering this for sale again. It is a wonderful Emperor and for me it has the benchmark for all Fodera sounds.

This bass is quite unique with his 36" in a rather easy playable and comfortable package. Among 35+ Fodera basses I owned in the past the B string of this one is among the best and most defined B strings of all. Compared with the newer dual coil hype at Fodera I feel that the single coils have more snap in the sound. I anyway use 95% of the time the single coil mode even with dual coil pickups... Additionally - the Bartolinis of that era seem to have more warmth than later Duncans.

The action is low and the sound is tending towards a typical 70s Jazz Bass but with a much wider range of sound options, and more open both on the upper and lower side. Even with his through-neck the bass responses to nuances of your fingerplay. Slapping is heaven of course...

In 2012 a newer Fodera bridge and a set of brandnew tuning machines had been installed as well as a Pope preamp. An Ebony ramp has been added too.

Not available anymore !

Edited by mrbassman_de

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...