Why become a member? ×

Need a new amp - what are your suggestions

kentmod

Hello
My faithful Hartke 3500 is on its last legs and I need a replacement.
The wattage is about right for my needs and like the rage of sounds I can get.
I would just buy another one brand new but wanted to find out first whether I'm missing out on something better in that price range.
Some stats:
- play an Italia Rimini
- Budget is around £400
- I need a DI out
- I want to buy new.

What are your thoughts?

Luke

Hi Luke - I know you say you want to buy new, but I'd bite this guy's hand off for his immaculate Streamliner. :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237177-genz-benz-streamliner-600-only-cos-ive-had-good-news/"]http://basschat.co.u...-had-good-news/[/url]

Edited by discreet

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Hello Guys[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][color="#000000"][size="3"]Just thinking new because whenever I’ve bought 2[/size][sup][size="2"]nd[/size][/sup][size="3"] hand I end up spending more money getting the things fixed than it would cost me to buy a new one. I guess with new you get some level of certainty about how long it will last before things start to go wrong and also some kind of warranty.[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='kentmod' timestamp='1400770892' post='2456838']
[font=Calibri][color=#000000][size=3]Just thinking new because whenever I’ve bought 2[/size][sup][size=2]nd[/size][/sup][size=3] hand I end up spending more money getting the things fixed than it would cost me to buy a new one. I guess with new you get some level of certainty about how long it will last before things start to go wrong and also some kind of warranty.[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

I can understand that, but when you buy from Basschat you are buying from people who really know about and look after their gear. I've bought countless things from here, basses, amps, cabs, accessories - everything - over the last four years and not had a single problem with any of it. It's a great community. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400775543' post='2456911']
I can understand that, but when you buy from Basschat you are buying from people who really know about and look after their gear. I've bought countless things from here, basses, amps, cabs, accessories - everything - over the last four years and not had a single problem with any of it. It's a great community. :)
[/quote]

Likewise Mark. I also sold an amp to a member on here and a fair while after it developed a slight fault (nothing really bad), so I arranged to send it back the retailer under the warranty as I felt very bad about it. Have seen a fair few threads where members have done similar. This is a good community and we all seem to respect that.

Gotta agree with Mr Discreet. /edit...and Lozz/

If you like your HA3500, there's a seriously good deal to be had on a nearly new HA5500 in the For Sale section. Keep looking at it myself...

Edited by barkin

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1400781737' post='2457005']
This is a good community and we all seem to respect that.
[/quote]

It is and we do. And it occurs to me that everything in my sig was either bought from BC members directly or came about as a result of being a member of this forum. Of course BC is also responsible for my terrible GAS, but you can't have everything, can you - where would you put it all?? ;)

Edited by discreet

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Thanks Guys. I will investigate that Streaamliner I think but if you have any other good ideas in the meantime please let me know.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Thanks[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Luke[/color][/size][/font]

I used to have a HA3500 but recently picked up an Ampeg pf350 as I wanted something a bit more compact. It doesn't have all the features of the Hartke but I'm surprised at how much I like it. I seem to be able to get the tone I want easily and so don't miss the added tone and eq control of the Hartke.

My suggestion would be to go and try as many as you can, you might be pleasantly surprised. I'd always got on well with the Hartke and had no complaints but the Ampeg just felt right, you may find the same with a streamliner our something completely different.

Edited by @nBass