Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

***Temporarily Withdrawn*** Fender Custom Shop 1959 Precision Bass
£1850

Chiliwailer

[size=4][b]Sorry to be a tease, but I'm going to need to withdraw this bass for up to a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to bump it when it's back on sale![/b][/size]

[size=4]I just took this beauty on a part exchange, it's a Lake Placid Blue 1959 Precision Relic, made in 2013. It was bought from Bass Gear for around £2400 a few weeks ago as a spare, but is no longer needed due to the previous owner fulfilling his GAS by getting 2 Custom Shop Precisions in [/size]Olympic[size=4] White, his fave colour on basses. I love this colour and would ideally keep it for myself as it matches my LPB Jazz Bass, however I need to get the cash back and am already in a deep love affair with my newly [/size]bought[size=4] 1955 Custom Shop Precision. [/size]

This Precision is light weight at 8.60lbs, and that's with the covers on. It has a huge soulful tone with a ton of mojo. The flame on the neck is gorgeous, the pictures don't do it justice. The bass has all of the case candy and has been stored in its case since it was purchased, it even has that 'new bass' smell :gas:

Barrie from Bass Gear (Molan on this site) very kindly informed me that as the warranty has yet to be registered, the new owner can do so. This bass is almost 'as new', it really is just a few weeks old.

(I also took a Pino Custom Shop in the exchange, I'll list it on this website next week. First dibs welcomed!).

LINK TO PICTURES: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/00i48oq4swh2vvr/AAB1bZ0X20erzBWppz9aQ_Qla"]https://www.dropbox....erzBWppz9aQ_Qla[/url]

[attachment=162661:P1060629.JPG]

Edited by Chiliwailer

Oh goodness.

I've been holding out for something with a maple neck.

*sits on hands*

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1400100318' post='2450866']
I don't think you need to post ANY more pictures. It looks far too tempting from that distance!

I have PM'd you as well by the way.
[/quote]

Replied, and first in line for the Pino!

(don't worry folks, I'm paid up for selling until September so I'm not side stepping any fees! ;)[size=4] )[/size]

[quote name='zomnius' timestamp='1400101158' post='2450886']
Partieel trade possible? : fender american vintage '57 precision? maple neck, white like new with all case acne docs etc..
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks, that's a great bass but cash sale preferred. [/font][/color]

The finish on this one is particularly nice. The ageing of the LPB is just about the best I've ever seen on a metallic type finish. Beautifully faded, showing lovely checking under any sort of bright light and it's seriously nice to play.

These recent CS instruments really do show the Fender guys at the top of their game :)