Why become a member? ×

P bass question

omikin

Hi there. Am I right in thinking that an American standard p bass from 2011 would have no truss rod access on the headstock? And therefore a bass claiming to be a US p bass from that year with a black mark visible on pics of the headstock is likely to be a MIM?

Just checking.

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1399232958' post='2442320']
That's what I figured. Looks like I avoided buying a bass with a very expensive decal...
[/quote]

There was a rather expensive Fender decal for sale on here a while ago...Wonder if that was where it ended up :ph34r:

:modspank:

Edited by jezzaboy

It's back to the old adage - if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

It also explains why the seller never replied to my emails about the serial number. Just for clarity, this was eBay, not here.

I've had a look at it on eBay and I can tell that the tuners are definitely MIM, looks like the guy's just stuck a USA decal on there.

Edit: The specs in the description don't match up with the pictures either, it doesn't have a high mass bridge and the fingerboard isn't maple. The specs are for this:

Edited by Jono Bolton