Why become a member? ×

Fender Super Bassman

joeystrange

Finally pulled the trigger on a Fender Super Bassman a couple of days ago. Hopefully it'll be here sometime this week and I'll get to give it a run at rehearsal next weekend.
REALLY looking forward to trying it out!

Was a bit surprised that it seems to be the only Fender amp that Roqsolid don't offer a cover for but I guess I can get one made.

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1399202784' post='2441982']Was a bit surprised that it seems to be the only Fender amp that Roqsolid don't offer a cover for but I guess I can get one made.
[/quote]

I've had this a couple of times & if you give them the dimensions they'll not only do one for you but also start to list the model as one they do.

Yep, I recorded with one of these using my trusty 78 Precision and as JT says, all you need. Just wish I could carry the darn things (and that`s just the heads, even looking at the cabs makes my back ache).

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1399284476' post='2442672']
Yep, I recorded with one of these using my trusty 78 Precision and as JT says, all you need. Just wish I could carry the darn things (and that`s just the heads, even looking at the cabs makes my back ache).
[/quote]

At the minute I'm using a P with an Ashdown 6x10 so hopefully it'll be bang on the money.
It's around 10kg lighter than my old Ampeg SVT-CL so I don't think carrying it will be a huge issue. The Ampeg was flightcased too! Although it will be a little bit heavier than the OTB500 that I'm currently used to!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out the overdrive channel (active) is WAY quieter than the clean channel (passive) which makes switching between them difficult in a live setting.
Has anyone playing these had this problem or know if it's just the way they are?
Aside from that it sounds great!

[quote name='Sandmann' timestamp='1400594682' post='2455266']
of course, you have the same volume dialed in on both channels, haven´t you?
[/quote]

Yes, that's when it seems noticeably quiet.
The overdrive channel with gain, volume and blend all on 10 is comparable to the clean channel with volume at 3-4.
I'll look into getting it sorted out. Thanks.