Why become a member? ×

fender Power Jazz Special SOLD
£600

mikeh

Decided to pack in playing so will be selling all of my gear,

First up

I have a gorgeous all black power jazz special.
Its from about 1986 and is in really good condition, a few minor marks but nothing really noticeable. Its a rather special bass as its been extensively upgraded by a previous owner. It had wizard pups, and a custom John east uretro preamp. All hardware is black, gorgeous babicz bridge and I added a hipshot detuner, quite simply the most versatile bass I've owned, a real stunner.

Pics on the link below

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/thunderthief_31/library/for%20sale?sort=3&page=1

Edited by mikeh

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1399105644' post='2441014']
:o ?????
[/quote]

I'm done mate, too much hastle getting the band sorted and gigs booked. Going to concentrate on !my fitness and training.

This really is the ultimate bass of its type, so versatile. Plays really nice and sounds even better. Of wine
All come with strap locks and either a nice gig bag or hardcase, buyer can choose. Although if I have to ship ot , it will be shipped in the hardcase.

What's the apparition next to the black switch, between the reflection of the ceiling light and the lowest of the 3 control knobs? is that another switch, a hole, or just another ceiling reflection? :ph34r:

Edited by topo morto

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1399663518' post='2446518']
What's the apparition next to the black switch, between the reflection of the ceiling light and the lowest of the 3 control knobs? is that another switch, a hole, or just another ceiling reflection? :ph34r:
[/quote]

Its the active/passive switch. The black switch is a 3 way pup selector. Other controls are, stacked volume pup pan, stacked mid cut/boost and mid sweep, stacked treble/bass.

[quote name='mikeh' timestamp='1399137215' post='2441438']
I'm done mate, too much hastle getting the band sorted and gigs booked. Going to concentrate on !my fitness and training.
[/quote]

That's a shame mate :(

I know how you feel re other band members
Someone has always peeed me off, no matter what band I've been in
and there's been a few - even in the last year :o

I used to play years ago - then gave up..... for over 20 years
what with marriage, moving, birth of my son, band splitting etc etc

Then a few years back I started again
And I've never looked back since....

I'd say that bass looks fab, and you'd struggle to get another like it
As you've said yourself, it's a great bass

Don't let other musicians / bands etc get you down
Keep your fab bass, pick it up from time to time - keep your hand in
and who knows? In a few years you might find a better bunch of musicians...

I really really wish I'd never given up, all those years back
I'd be so much better now - and think how much my 1972 USA Fender P, with maple neck would be worth now :o
More than the measly £175 I got for it, I know

Hang in there mate - and pick your bass up again, after a bit of a rest from it :)

Marc

Thus will be the second time I've packed in, had a 4 year break last time. Never say never, but I doubt I'll ever want to play live again. I'm actually thinking of getting an acoustic g#*#ar for twiddling about with at home. If this doesn't sell, I would quite happily keep it, for the odd twiddle. But this bass being as good as it is should be being played live. We'll see.

Just wish you were a bit nearer, so I could at least pop around and give it a whirl
Looks a fab bass, and I can't believe it hasn't sold :o

Actually, I really shouldn't be looking at buying any more basses
so maybe it's a good thing you're far away ;)

Have a free bump anyway
(even though I'm gonna be jealous of whoever buys this bass)

Cheers Marc, it is a real stunner.
I've had loads of interest, but nothing definite yet, it will be a shame to see it go, but it really never gets picked up now.

For the foreseeable future I won't be playing in bands so it should be taken on by a new owner to be played!! ;-)