Why become a member? ×

Music man Premier Dealer Network

JazzBassfreak

Like most, I find the colour and gold hardware bling a bit too vulgar, to me it says Abu Dhabi boudoir's bathroom or something Bootsy Collins would dig.

[size=8][b]HOWEVER[/b][/size] *blip* me! What an absolute result at last that it comes with a) the passive / active option and B) that you have a passive tone control.

Back in the day when I was quite a fan of MM stuff, and I was still a member of their forum, I suggested to their design team ( BP that is) that perhaps having a Stingray with a switchable passive option would be a useful alternative to those who find their pre-amp too nasal and often too overpowering at the expenses of feel and individual nuances. It all went downhill from there with BP thinking I needed my head checked. But hey-ho 5 years later here he is designing the very thing.

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1399283210' post='2442651']
No one on here got one?
[/quote]

I have a passive tone control on my Big Al and my (for sale) Gamechanger bass. The Stingray tone on the GC is spot on, and in passive, it still sounds full, meaty and warm, but with a more woody and 'blends into the mix' type tone.

I remember when those white and gold Premier Dealer Network Stingrays were in the shops, and they all seemed to weigh a ton, if I remember correctly. Someone on Basschat ordered a five string one and had it up for sale within a week or so of receiving it because it was too heavy.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1399301177' post='2442869']
I remember when those white and gold Premier Dealer Network Stingrays were in the shops, and they all seemed to weigh a ton, if I remember correctly. Someone on Basschat ordered a five string one and had it up for sale within a week or so of receiving it because it was too heavy.
[/quote]

I can imagine them weighing a fair bit, would be interesting to see one, very visually appealing!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1399025650' post='2440066']

Back in the day when I was quite a fan of MM stuff, and I was still a member of their forum, I suggested to their design team ( BP that is) that perhaps having a Stingray with a switchable passive option would be a useful alternative to those who find their pre-amp too nasal and often too overpowering at the expenses of feel and individual nuances. It all went downhill from there with BP thinking I needed my head checked. But hey-ho 5 years later here he is designing the very thing.
[/quote]

Are you sure you didn't ask for an active/passive switch on a Bongo?? But you are right he did used to steam from the ears at such suggestions.

Now the real holy grail are the standard Stingrays they made in a limited run for Guitar Centre with the same electronics as the white/gold hardware PDN around the same time.