Why become a member? ×

looking for replacement EDEN drivers

geoffbassist

Hi guys, im trying to replace the drivers in my Eden xlt 210 and cxm 112. They are changing distrubution at the moment (in the uk) so its not possible to place an order through a dealer. the next shipment is end of aug and they probably wont have spare parts.
Im guessing i could see if anyone has any in stock or order outside the uk. Ive emailed eden and am waiting to hear back but wondered if you guys might be able to help,
cheers Geoff :)

Take it out of the cab and see if there are any clues who the manufacturer is and see if you can gleam the model number. Even though a load of manufacturers go on about "custom designed" it's amazing how many load them with off the shelf drivers.

Then order a replacement from anywhere... or if not, talk to the manufacturer and tell them of the difficulties with the change of distributor and getting spare parts phone them - you'll generally have more luck than email.

If they don't play ball just mutter something about going elsewhere because you can't rely on them for aftersales and you rely on their gear for your income jibba jabba... feeding your family... etc...

hey guys, eden said they dont export and i have to go to the uk distributer, unfortunatly they are 'inbetween' distributers so that wasnt much help. ive tried the uk dealers and one has recomended somewhere called the amp hospital who might be able to help, otherwise it doesnt look to promising.

is it possible to use non eden drivers?

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='240242' date='Jul 15 2008, 05:45 PM']hey guys, eden said they dont export and i have to go to the uk distributer, unfortunatly they are 'inbetween' distributers[/quote]

I would go back to Eden and insist that they support their product! This is just another case of their appalling service since being sold. I know one bassist that had to take them to the US equivalent of the small claims court to get his amp repaired under warranty. Not on.

You could use other speakers but you'd need to model the cabinet to find out which will work well and it'll sound completely different. The Eden XLT 10"s have quite a unique sound, very midrangey.

Alex

That's outrageous.

That's me never buying Eden products then.

My next bit of advice would be go here - [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/distributors/index.asp"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/distributors/index.asp[/url]

and hit up Germany and France distributors. Explain the situation and hope that they have a heart.

[quote name='chris_b' post='240261' date='Jul 15 2008, 06:10 PM']Why are you replacing the speakers? Do they just need reconing?[/quote]

Just what I was thinking. They should be able to send you a recone kit.

Are they under warranty?