Why become a member? ×

Korg G5 Toneworks Bass Synth **Sold**

bluesparky

Time for round 2 of my great effects pedal cull.
It's in very good condition, with manual and PSU.
I've never gigged it and it's only had bedroom use.
I bought it about a year ago and i'm looking to sell it for what i bought it for.
£150.

Buyer collects or i can send it at buyer's cost.

(I live in south East london - Forest Hill).

I could put it on e-bay, but i thought i'd pop it on here first to see if anyone wanted it.

Edited by bluesparky

[quote name='BassManKev' post='239190' date='Jul 14 2008, 02:31 PM']oo very interesting, in that case you can give a direct comparison between the deep impact and the korg??[/quote]

I'm not really an uber-tone fanatic so i can't really give an in depth review of the pedals.
Both are very good, i tended to use the G5 as an auto-wah-cum-multi-fx pedal.
The ability to store different settings on all of the different banks is great and did exactly what i needed it to.
I used two banks as mirrors of each other, with the 3 pedals having similar stored settings but with different input values, so i could swap between my active and passive bass without having to adjust the input value / sensitivity of the auto wah.
Each pedal on each bank had different setups of auto wah.
The third bank had an external expression pedal used on it (occasionally!) and a couple of other funky synth setups on it.

The deep impact was what i generally used for synthy sounds.
Most of the presets were ace, and further playing with the parameters gave some very usable and good quality sounds, from the subtle drone, right through to alien space ships landing in a field full of sheep.
I'm useless at putting into words the sounds they actually made, but as far as using the sounds, both pedals were of top quality and had no problems with tracking or pitch etc..

The Deep impact is built like a tank and is the ultimate daddy of synth pedals, it was a shame to let it go but i never used it to it's fullest potential so had to.

The G5 is also awesome. As i said, i only really used it as a pedal with multiple set ups of auto-wah, which it did fantastically well, as i had the deep impact i didn't really use all of the G5's functions.

Both great pedals, and were / are reluctant sales.

It's not really the best review / insight in the world but i'm not a journalist!
Here's hoping the G5 goes to a good home!

I'm not at home and don't have it with me, but, according to the official manual on my computer, it is 280.8 x 210.4 x 39mm, weighs 1.1kg and uses a 9V DC power source, drawing 400mA.

I power mine from my gigrig generator, and used to power it from a diago power station.
Hope this helps

[quote name='bluesparky' post='239346' date='Jul 14 2008, 05:29 PM']I'm not at home and don't have it with me, but, according to the official manual on my computer, it is 280.8 x 210.4 x 39mm, weighs 1.1kg and uses a 9V DC power source, drawing 400mA.

I power mine from my gigrig generator, and used to power it from a diago power station.
Hope this helps[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='bluesparky' post='239979' date='Jul 15 2008, 01:08 PM']Sold and sent to a new happy home..[/quote]

Can you change the title of the thread please? I wouldn't want any more unsuspecting BCers to come in and start blubbing at their desk.