Why become a member? ×

Time to move on methinks.

karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1405973307' post='2507162']
I did spit the dummy, but with gigs booked I never really went away. With about 15 in the diary for BBGM for next year already, it became more obvious Troyen was going to be run concurrently, but the band I was in was going to be the bread and butter band. Their original bassist has told them he can not commit the time required. I was asked to join on Saturday night at our gig. So basically, I am an embarrassed tart/brat.
[/quote]

Ya geet blouse!!

Damon, being 6' 1" helps when dummy spitting :P .
jonesbass, start a thread, expect great advice and some urine extraction.
Tony, don't know what you are insinuating :lol:
discreet, you are correct.
Ash, 2nd set, 2nd number guitarist breaks string 2 bars into solo. Screams at me to fill and I make a very badly timed hash of it. Your kind lies are appreciated :lol: .
To all others daft enough to read, I HATE ASH. He looks like one of those ridiculously handsome young 60's film stars. People who look like that have NO place in the bass world :lol:
Hope your Achilles is on the mend Mr.
Oh, and a Welsh organiser contacted the drummer last night, about another festival.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1406099402' post='2508221']
Ash, 2nd set, 2nd number guitarist breaks string 2 bars into solo. Screams at me to fill and I make a very badly timed hash of it. Your kind lies are appreciated :lol: .
To all others daft enough to read, I HATE ASH. He looks like one of those ridiculously handsome young 60's film stars. People who look like that have NO place in the bass world :lol:
Oh, and a Welsh organiser contacted the drummer last night, about another festival.
[/quote]

I must have missed that bit or the alcohol had taken its toll! ;)
Ha! Ha! I wish the female population of a Lancaster believed that but thanks for cheering a chap up :)
My Achilles is on the mend I'm a one crutch bass player now.
Gotta say that it's a standing joke with me and my mate who is a massive Lynyrd Skynyrd fan - we always and I mean always shout for 'Freebird' at every gig we go to no matter who is playing; Magazine, VDGG, Manics, Eels, Bill Bailey, Courtney Pine, any pub band, blah, blah....
You lot did it and did it well :) rendering my mate speechless ;)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1406099402' post='2508221']
Damon, being 6' 1" helps when dummy spitting :P .
jonesbass, start a thread, expect great advice and some urine extraction.
Tony, don't know what you are insinuating :lol:
discreet, you are correct.
[/quote]

STOP BEATING ME TO THE ROCKSTAR LIFE.

Seriously though Karl, glad things have worked out! :D

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1406109526' post='2508343']
I must have missed that bit or the alcohol had taken its toll! ;)
Ha! Ha! I wish the female population of a Lancaster believed that but thanks for cheering a chap up :)
My Achilles is on the mend I'm a one crutch bass player now.
Gotta say that it's a standing joke with me and my mate who is a massive Lynyrd Skynyrd fan - we always and I mean always shout for 'Freebird' at every gig we go to no matter who is playing; Magazine, VDGG, Manics, Eels, Bill Bailey, Courtney Pine, any pub band, blah, blah....
You lot did it and did it well :) rendering my mate speechless ;)
[/quote]

A speechless mate, usually a good thing :P except at bar time!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1406152010' post='2508927']
STOP BEATING ME TO THE ROCKSTAR LIFE.

Seriously though Karl, glad things have worked out! :D
[/quote]

I'm pushing 40 years older than you Adam, hardly beating you to it fella :lol: