Why become a member? ×

Guitar shop near Barbican underground?

cclowend

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1396328538' post='2412283']
Is the post-Wapping Bass Centre still in that area near Spitalfields, possibly Brune St? That was about 20 min walk from the Barbican, on the other side of Broadgate
[/quote]

They have moved,
[b] [size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Bass Centre Limited
1 Mulberry Court, London Road, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5DT United Kingdom[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1396331405' post='2412289']

They have moved,
[b] [size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Bass Centre Limited
1 Mulberry Court, London Road, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5DT United Kingdom[/font][/size][/b]
[/quote]

That makes it a bit more than a 20 minute walk

Chimes Music (the one in Barbican) is the only music shop in the square mile these days

[url="http://www.chimesmusic.com/barbican-music-shop/introduction-to-the-shop.php"]http://www.chimesmusic.com/barbican-music-shop/introduction-to-the-shop.php[/url]

- next nearest is Denmark St ;)

I would have thought you're more likely to sort a decent PX on Basschat than in a store. I don't recall seeing many Warwicks on my last trip to Denmark St, and shop price and PX offers can make the gap between buying and selling values quite painful.

You're quite right there but my advert to sell my stingray on bass chat hasn't pulled any offers. Maybe I will lower the price!

Thanks for all the advice people and if you see a Warwick corvette standard 4 string kicking about then let me know!

Just as well that the Bass Centre has moved and is now mail order only. In the days when they were located a short walk from Liverpool Street Station the service was poor every time I went in, and on one occasion I was not allowed downstairs to the bass section as there were insufficient staff members in the shop. I didn't bother going back after that.

Also IIRC several members here have had less than pleasant experiences selling gear through them. Personally based on my own experiences and what I've read here, I would trust them to tell me the time of day let alone part exchange a bass.