Why become a member? ×

1980 Rickenbacker 4001 Fireglo - WITHDRAWN

Clarky

Hi, considering selling my Rick 4001 FG (don't need two 4001's and am thinking about peety's PJ). Its in great condition for a near 30-year old bass with a bit of mojo in the usual places (end of headstock and bottom of bass where it stands; some mild lacquer crazing) and it plays fabulously well (very low action). Based on eBay deals over last fewmonths I think its worth about £1,000 +/-.

BTW, not interested in trades as I have my eye on peety's mojo'ed 70's Fender PJ

[attachment=10728:clarky_basss_034.jpg]

[attachment=10729:clarky_basss_035.jpg]

[attachment=10731:clarky_basss_020.jpg]

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

If you go to "Manage Your Attachments" on the Control Panel, you can see what's taking up all that space, and optionally delete some stuff. For example, there's no point keeping pictures of a bass you sold a year ago.

The other thing is to look at the size and quality of image files. You're unable to upload an image with 0.42 MB (420 kB) space free, so that means the image you're trying to upload is bigger than 0.42MB. By way of comparison, 3000x2000 images straight from my DSLR camera run to over 2MB. If I re-size to 1200x800, and drop the JPEG quality setting to 80% (which is still ext. good), the size drops to 100-150 kB.

[quote name='bnt' post='237922' date='Jul 12 2008, 01:30 PM']If you go to "Manage Your Attachments" on the Control Panel, you can see what's taking up all that space, and optionally delete some stuff. For example, there's no point keeping pictures of a bass you sold a year ago.

The other thing is to look at the size and quality of image files. You're unable to upload an image with 0.42 MB (420 kB) space free, so that means the image you're trying to upload is bigger than 0.42MB. By way of comparison, 3000x2000 images straight from my DSLR camera run to over 2MB. If I re-size to 1200x800, and drop the JPEG quality setting to 80% (which is still ext. good), the size drops to 100-150 kB.[/quote]
Thanks bnt, problem sorted!

[quote name='Clarky' post='237988' date='Jul 12 2008, 03:14 PM']Thanks bnt, problem sorted![/quote]
Glad to help! That rosewood fingerboard is giving me the warm fuzzies, but I have to resist for financial reasons. :)

[quote name='MB1' post='238110' date='Jul 12 2008, 06:23 PM']MB1. :)
Looks like Old Horse is having another Chris Squire Moment! :huh:[/quote]

Unfortunately not Martin. What with my car needing a service and my wife's desire to get more bits done to the house, my GAS fund is non-existent.

Never mind, it would've clashed with my eyes anyway

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='238127' date='Jul 12 2008, 07:00 PM']Unfortunately not Martin. What with my car needing a service and my wife's desire to get more bits done to the house, my GAS fund is non-existent.

Never mind, it would've clashed with my eyes anyway[/quote]

Nick, your GAS under control - never!
BTW any news on the Shuker 5?

[quote name='martthebass' post='238145' date='Jul 12 2008, 07:40 PM']Nick, your GAS under control - never!
BTW any news on the Shuker 5?[/quote]

I played a Ric 4001 Paul Macartney today at the Studio. Looked amazing as all Rics do to me. Sounded really beefy on the neck pickup and classic Ric on the bridge pickup.

Down to 2 basses at the moment Mart. 3 when the Shuker arrives- ETA February 2012.

I jest of course...........Jeez I hope!!

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Clarky' post='237901' date='Jul 12 2008, 12:58 PM']Hi, considering selling my Rick 4001 FG (don't need two 4001's and am thinking about peety's PJ). Its in great condition for a near 30-year old bass with a bit of mojo in the usual places (end of headstock and bottom of bass where it stands; some mild lacquer crazing) and it plays fabulously well (very low action). Based on eBay deals over last fewmonths I think its worth about £1,000 +/-.

BTW, not interested in trades as I have my eye on peety's mojo'ed 70's Fender PJ

[attachment=10728:clarky_basss_034.jpg]

[attachment=10729:clarky_basss_035.jpg]

[attachment=10731:clarky_basss_020.jpg]

Cheers Clarky[/quote]
WITHDRAWN - Peety has sold his PJ and thus I have no immediate need for funds. Thanks for looking anyway.

Unless of course you have a Fender MIA 62 Precision Reissue in 3TS/tortoiseshell you want to do some kind of deal on!

Edited by Clarky