Why become a member? ×

Hawkwind Tribute.....but what songs?

Number6

If you seriously decide to do it make sure there are venues that will put it on and an audience that will turn up to watch it. It looks a lot of work to get right from a look/sound point only to find it's not very sustainable as a working project. I'd go and see it anyway if there was a show near me B)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1395675183' post='2404916']
If you seriously decide to do it make sure there are venues that will put it on and an audience that will turn up to watch it. It looks a lot of work to get right from a look/sound point only to find it's not very sustainable as a working project. [b]I'd go and see it anyway if there was a show near me B)[/b]
[/quote]

Me too. So if I bring my dog, we'll be the classic audience for you.

Well it seems theres an audience out there for it Lol.....clearly it's in the early stages but i hope it come to fruition as i can only think of one band (Hoaxwind) doing a tribute act at the mo.....

So hopefully we'll see in Time and Space at some point :-)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1395692485' post='2405228'] Well it seems theres an audience out there for it Lol.....clearly it's in the early stages but i hope it come to fruition as i can only think of one band (Hoaxwind) doing a tribute act at the mo..... So hopefully we'll see in Time and Space at some point :-) [/quote]

Wasn't aware of Hoaxwind, looks a decent act from the youtube clips. Might be tough to compete with them on their own turf but i suspect they don't get north of Watford gap much so maybe that would be the market to aim for?

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1395692764' post='2405235']
Well this thread got me to watch a hawkwind documentary last night, didn't really know anything about them..... wow what a colourful past they have had! They did some crazy sh*t! Fair play!
[/quote]

"It's like Star Trek with long hair. And drugs."

Must d/l that to watch.

Back to the OP: open with Motorway City then play SRL from start to end with Silver Machine as the encore. Sorted.

Get your band together first and then pick the material based on what your lineup can do justice to - Hawkwind have had big variations in personel over the years, so go with what fits, you won't be limited by having a restricted back catalogue to pick from thats for sure. Recreating the live chronicles stage show would be pretty epic, but you might struggle to fit any punters in a small venue if you managed to organise a full lineup including the dancers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgeWPvctOI