Why become a member? ×

Fender or Cort

Manfield12

You owe it to yourself to consider this Squier as well http://www.fender.com/squier/series/deluxe/deluxe-jazz-bass-v-active-5-string-ebonol-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst/ - I have the 4 string version and love it (NB: I understand the 5 stringer is quite wide).

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1394873012' post='2396109']
You owe it to yourself to consider this Squier as well [url="http://www.fender.com/squier/series/deluxe/deluxe-jazz-bass-v-active-5-string-ebonol-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst/"]http://www.fender.co...color-sunburst/[/url] - I have the 4 string version and love it (NB: I understand the 5 stringer is quite wide).
[/quote]

+1

really good basses, those!

[quote name='Manfield12' timestamp='1394851795' post='2396038']
Hi guys I've been looking to buy a new 5 string and can't decide over the cort gb75 or the fender modern player jazz bass, does any one have experience with either that could share some light on which one is better?
[/quote]
Both have single trussrod, and no mention of additional neck inserts in the specs which often means massive log necks, so really you need to play them and see which feels best for you.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1394892042' post='2396365']
The biggest problem with any Cort (and many other brands) is that you lose 60% of the value as you walk out of the shop. Resale value is disastrous on them generally.
[/quote]

But it's fantastic news for buyers, if you don't mind second hand, which I don't ;)

Had a Cort GB75 am absolutely loved it except for one very personal thing - way too many controls. I now have a passive 5 string P and am much happier, but the Cort was a great bass, excellent build quality, lovely neck (I even had the neck replicated for the build of the P). So if you are happy with playing around with a wide range of sounds (mid boost switch, push pull, blend, active bass & mid) then highly recommended.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1395139149' post='2399012']
Had a Cort GB75 am absolutely loved it except for one very personal thing - way too many controls. I now have a passive 5 string P and am much happier, but the Cort was a great bass, excellent build quality, lovely neck (I even had the neck replicated for the build of the P). So if you are happy with playing around with a wide range of sounds (mid boost switch, push pull, blend, active bass & mid) then highly recommended.
[/quote]

... or you could just ignore the switches ;)

It's what I do on my GB74 :P