Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Warwick 1999 Thumb Bass BO 4 String*SOLD*

Josh

My King-Bass is getting all my attention and this is the end of its time with me, it's done it's job :)

As per title, it's a Warwick 1999 Thumb Bass BO 4 String, which has been looked after greatly by both me and the previous owner (Chrisdabass), obviously a few barley minor dings, but that's only natural from an 8 year old bass.

It carries the classic 'Wick Growl and also holds a great range of tones as well, even a Miller Esque slap tone is easily achievable. The neck is all wenge as opposed to the new more chunky ovangkol necks, it's very very smooth and has a jazz bass like profile to it so it is very fast and very comfortable and you can hear it's influence on the overall when compared to a more recent model.

[u][b]Pics:
[/b][/u]

[u][b]£425 collected.
£450 inc. delivery.[/b][/u] Buyer sorts out the collection.

Both including a standard hardcase.
[/b]

Thanks all.

Edited by Josh

bloody hell!!

that will not last long at that price!!

i reckon it'll be gone by the end of the night!!

its a fantastic bass!! i bought it new and it served me extremely well!!

that neck is gorgeous!!

i was gonna wish you luck with the sale.....but you wont need it mate!! trust me

:)

[quote name='Josh' post='236637' date='Jul 10 2008, 03:54 PM']£450 if buyer arranges delivery.
£425 if buyer collects.[/quote]

does that mean that if i were to arrange delivery the bass would be £450 + the delivery or £450 all in but I'd have to arrange the collection of it?

ahhhhhHHHHH!!! i dont need this at all...but i WANT it just for the neck gawd damn it!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='236749' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:23 PM']does that mean that if i were to arrange delivery the bass would be £450 + the delivery or £450 all in but I'd have to arrange the collection of it?

ahhhhhHHHHH!!! i dont need this at all...but i WANT it just for the neck gawd damn it![/quote]

Ahhh thanks for poitning that out, should've been more clearer. That is £450 inc delivery.

Trust me though Ben, the bass does sound different to the newer model, it's much more brighter and the wenge adds a great deal of warmth to the tone as opposed to the ovangkol neck which is much more dark sounding.

Edited by Josh

i dont get it, if its £450 + delivery, whats the extra £25 for from collection, since collected its £425?, or am i being daft here :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='Josh' post='236764' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:43 PM']Trust me though Ben, the bass does sound different to the newer model, it's much more brighter and the wenge adds a great deal of warmth to the tone as opposed to the ovangkol neck which is much more dark sounding.[/quote]

I'd love to have this off you mate but cash flow is a real problem at the moment and I can't really justify it when I've got a perfectly good Thumb BO and a Streamer Stage I as well as a Streamer Std + the non-Warwick’s that I own...

Disappointing, but this is not going to be coming to Derby :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='236772' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:51 PM']I'd love to have this off you mate but cash flow is a real problem at the moment and I can't really justify it when I've got a perfectly good Thumb BO and a Streamer Stage I as well as a Streamer Std + the non-Warwick’s that I own...

Disappointing, but this is not going to be coming to Derby :)[/quote]

Not a problem man, I just want it to go to a good home!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236769' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:49 PM']i dont get it, if its £450 + delivery, whats the extra £25 for from collection, since collected its £425?, or am i being daft here :huh:[/quote]

Nah I'm confusing myself now.......................Right, the bass is being sold for £425 with the hardcase, and that's the price for the person who comes and gets it, and usually the collection (Depending who you go with) usually costs about £25, so thats where the £450 comes from.

So really it's £450 alltogether.

Thanks Kev.

Edit: Made the corrections, hopefully that'll save further confusion :)

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='236781' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:57 PM']Nah I'm confusing myself now.......................Right, the bass is being sold for £425 with the hardcase, and that's the price for the person who comes and gets it, and usually the collection (Depending who you go with) usually costs about £25, so thats where the £450 comes from.

So really it's £450 alltogether.

Thanks Kev.

Edit: Made the corrections, hopefully that'll save further confusion :)[/quote]

You might be better off saying "£425 collected, or £450 including delivery". :huh:

[quote name='bassaussie' post='236806' date='Jul 10 2008, 07:23 PM']You might be better off saying "£425 collected, or £450 including delivery". :huh:[/quote]

Wise man :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236818' date='Jul 10 2008, 07:39 PM']well thats been cleared up nicely!

tbf add another £100 to the price and it would still be a fantastic deal, BUMP[/quote]

Ahh I've already been kindly informed about changing the pirce, truth is, I got it for about £550 from Chris anyways, I'm not out to make a profit, nor am I stuck for money at all, I'm trying to get enough money into my account to keep it above a healthy amount for when I buy my next bass. And really I just want the bass gone quickly really, and for the price I know someone will get a very good bass.

Thanks though Kev :)

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Wooks' post='236918' date='Jul 10 2008, 09:57 PM']Got to be the fastest selling bass in BC history??!! You've got a bargain and great looking bass there. Hope you have a long and happy time playing it!![/quote]

I think I bought my Sandberg from here quicker when the ad went up!

But I've been thinking about getting the secondhand thumb from the bass centre for £499 and have resisted, but couldn't resist this one here.