Why become a member? ×

Northampton venues/pubs??

redbandit599

Hi all

I'm part of a band formed from work colleagues, our head office is in Northampton, but we live all over the UK so just get together every now and then to practice. We've done a couple of gigs to raise cash for charity. Including our Christmas party last year.

There's 8 of us, it's a lot of fun but most of the other guys are very much 'starting out', that said we've got 3 singers (a seriously good girl singer) and are playing pretty simple, fun pop punk stuff, so it's not trying to be anything other than what it is!

It has been suggested we should do a couple of pub gigs to get a bit more experience and for fun. The big advantage we have is that if we can schedule a mid week gig to coincide with some team meetings at work, we can probably bring between 50 and 100 punters quite easily.

So, as I live in Essex, the question is [u]do any of you know suitable venues/pubs that might like an 'extra' mid week band night in /around Northampton [/u](like I say we do this for charity so maybe a small donation rather than a 'normal' fee) and who can bring in some punters?

(Incidentally, the drummer Mick is good and is possibly looking for a more regular band, he lives near NH. PM me if you know of anything!)

Cheers

Jason

Edited by redbandit599

The Racehorse used to have a function room out the back, The Wig and Pen have had bands on and the Thomas a Becket claims to, but I've never seen any there :)

Oh yes, now you've asked it goes without saying that you have to let us know when you're playing :P

Edited by Si600

You could try Monks Park WMC not sure about The King Billy unless you are an out and out rock band they don't want to know, Wig and Pen is virtually impossible to get into the same with Molly's on Wellingborough Road, The back room of the Racehorse is good especially if you do it as a charity night but you would need to book the room in advance.

I don't think The Old House At Home or The Thomas O'Becket have bands on anymore

I would try the Charles Bradlaugh (pain in the ass to get any response from but if you badger them enough they have a great stage upstairs) The Romany is also a good venue that could accommodate you on a week day evening especially if you were bringing a crowd.

Can't think of any others off hand but let me know if you get anywhere and I will try to come along

Rog

Edited by Roger2611

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1394730292' post='2394563']

Yep, great venue, played there last night.
[/quote]
Bugger wish I'd known. Depping for a band there tomorrow night.

King billy is heavy rock on a sat bit they are open to all sorts mid week.

The Beeswing at Kettering has had decent bands in the past. If you are prepared to play 20mins down the road then the red lion at Brackley is good and the Kings Head at Buckingham is cheap and cheerful but fun to play.

Edited by mrtcat