Why become a member? ×

Attn extremely hot output active bass owners - Your fav envelope filters

stug

My Spector Euro LX with it's 18v preamp, seems to be a bit fussy when it comes to envelope filters. Well, actually make that a few different effects, but especially so with envelope filters it seems. I've tried Q-trons (micro, standard and +), Digitech's BSW and Ibanez's AW7 and SB7 pedals. All gave me problems which subsided (at least some what), with the usual "solution" of turning down the volume on my bass. Problem is, when turning down the volume, I lose the punch and growl that I love my Spector for. Even if I turn my amp up to compensate, it still doesn't sound the same to me. For this same reason, I'm a bit apprehensive about using an impedance changing pedal (such as the Barge Concepts GLZ). Does anyone here, have any experience with envelope filters that work well with particularly high output basses?

I've heard good things regarding MXR's Bass Auto Q, which I'll be trying in the near future, but some other options would be nice too.

Edited by stug

Cheers folks, it shouldn't be too hard for me to get a hold of either of these, especially the Bassballs. Both seem to be going reasonably cheap, though I'll be trying the FX25b last, since I can't try that before buying since it'll be from fleabay.

Any more suggestions welcome :)

EDIT: Crap, my mistake, they only have FX25's (no "b") on ebay. Might be a bit harder to find :/

Edited by stug

[quote name='Rich' post='237248' date='Jul 11 2008, 12:48 PM']Stug, do you own the Challenger in your avatar pic? If so, I'm about to call you a very rude name, preceded by the words "you lucky" :)[/quote]

Even luckier *#$% if he can afford to fill its tank these days!

Andy

[quote name='cheddatom' post='237131' date='Jul 11 2008, 10:28 AM']apparently the FX25s are better than the B equivalent.[/quote]
the fx25b imo just isnt a good filter, id choose my zoom b2's filters anyday

the fx25 is supposed to be MUCH better, shoud get one for bout £35 on ebay