Why become a member? ×

New cab - utterly different sound....

LukeFRC

So I took delivery of a ACME B2 last week....

It's the first time I've had a cab that can actually do the bottom end... and it sound so so so so so so different to anything I've ever played before- makes all my basses sound like different instruments.

I would say I don't like it but it's uncannily like hearing my bass through the PA so quite a good reference point!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1393401205' post='2379688']
....I would say I don't like it....
[/quote]

Acme cabs are quirky but great at reproducing the full and proper sound of a bass.

It might not be what you're used to but it's a serious upgrade to your tone. You'll sound good in a band and blow other bassists out of the room!

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1393405068' post='2379733']
Pleased the cab is doing it..
but surprised about 1st cab that can do bottom end comment..???
[/quote]a lot of cabs roll of a lot higher than the acme. it gives propper bass rather than low middy bass

I personally have never played through an ACME can, but all of the reviews and feedback I have read is that they have the flatness of an EA Whizzy, but with the bottom end of an elephant! I think that Stephan Lessard from Dave Matthews Band used them for a short time and I can remember a comment that he made about them being like a FOH speaker.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1393420727' post='2379981']
I personally have never played through an ACME can, but all of the reviews and feedback I have read is that they have the flatness of an EA Whizzy, but with the bottom end of an elephant! I think that Stephan Lessard from Dave Matthews Band used them for a short time and I can remember a comment that he made about them being like a FOH speaker.
[/quote] yeah that sounds about right.
I got it at weekend and then on monday was practicing in our new church building as they were installing the PA.... the sound though the PA and through my headphones was surprisingly almost identical to the character of the ACME.

Also shows up the clarity and warmth of the Hellborg preamp. Daftly rich sounding in the in ears!