Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Musicman Reflex 25th Anniversary 4HH **SOLD!!
£1300

thebassman

[size=3][font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Ernie Ball Musicman Reflex [/color][color=#000000][b]Musicman 25th Anniversary[/b][/color] [color=#282828]Bass Guitar Immaculate - 4 String HH Model.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica, sans-serif]£1300 plus postage, or available to pick up.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3]Trade Value: £1500[color=#282828][font=Helvetica, sans-serif] against a Musicman pre-ernie ball, a Classic Stingray 5 or R*ck*n*ac*r. Other high end basses may also be an option.[/font][/color]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]This is a very special unique model of Musicman, very limited numbers made. It has a lot of innovations, some of which are now passed down to other models, like the Reflex series, Big Al and Bongo, although not all of the features are available in one place.[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][color=#000000]
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]It is in great condition, just a few light playing marks around the usual areas, no chips or dents. It also includes the original limited hard case, also in great condition.[/font][/color][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight - Approx. 9lbs, not easy to get an exact weight.[/font][/color]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Balance - [/color][color=#262626]exceptionally well balanced and playable[/color][color=#282828]. [/color][/font]
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]The 25th Anniversary models have specially designed lightweight tuners, this lets them sit perfectly on a strap. Usual EBMM perfection when it comes to ergonomics.
[/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Like all of the Musicman Anniversary models, these basses are manufactured from the best selected woods and electronics available.[/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]It has a Mahogany tone block [/color][color=#262626]under the bridge to [/color][color=#262626][font=ArialMT, sans-serif]provide maximum resonance and massive low end.[/font][/color][color=#000000]

The body is Ash with a book matched maple flame top, with cream binding and matching headstock. This finish is unique to the 25[/color][color=#000000][sup]th[/sup] Anniversary models and is absolutely stunning. [/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]It has a [/color][color=#262626]solid 5-bolt neck joint, well contoured for improved high-register access. With a [/color][color=#000000]Rosewood fret board and mother of pearl dots.[/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]T[/color][color=#262626]he hardware is top notch, featuring the familiar hardened steel bridge and less familiar (on a Music Man) Gotoh-style tuners.[/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]All pickups can be activated (basically 4 coils) in whatever settings you want, in any order, in phase, out of phase, series/parallel. Anything from modern Stingray zing, to a warm fat Gibson/Fender neck tone.[/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]You can also switch between passive, with a single tone knob, to 4 band active EQ with bass, low mid, high mid, treble. This makes the Bass EQ either as simple or a complicated as you like. [/color][/font]

[color=#000000]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]The bass has very recently had a full setup at Bass direct.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000]
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]It has also just been treated with Birchwood Casey oil and wax, lemon oiled fret board and then fitted with a new set of Ernie Ball slinkys.

I can ship it as i have the original packaging, but would rather deal face to face just incase of any shipping accidents.

[/font][/color][/size]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]Here is a review by Ed Friedland, the bass whisperer.[/color][/size][/font]

[indent=1][size=1]Pics:[/size][/indent]

[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155020:P1030001.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155021:P1030003.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155023:P1030005.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155022:P1030004.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155024:P1030006.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155025:P1030009.JPG][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=1][attachment=155026:P1030010.JPG][/size][/indent]

[indent=1]Any more pics or info required, please ask away.[/indent]

[indent=1]thanks[/indent]

[indent=1]thebassman[/indent]

Edited by thebassman

This is truly a very beautiful bass. I noticed it in the 2nd hand section of Bass Direct a few weeks ago. What is unusual about this particular guitar is that it doesn't have a string tree on the headstock. The bar string tree usuually fitted is, I think, ugly, and not of the quality of the other fitments. So, your guitar is special. I was wondering why, though, that you want to sell it so soon after purchasing it.

[quote name='titchfieldrelic' timestamp='1392926170' post='2374381']
This is truly a very beautiful bass. I noticed it in the 2nd hand section of Bass Direct a few weeks ago. What is unusual about this particular guitar is that it doesn't have a string tree on the headstock. The bar string tree usuually fitted is, I think, ugly, and not of the quality of the other fitments. So, your guitar is special. I was wondering why, though, that you want to sell it so soon after purchasing it.
[/quote]

Hi
It is a lovely bass, great tone and versatility.
I bought it over the Christmas break, but I have now just started going through a house move so need the funds.
Cheers
Thebassman

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1393943401' post='2386083']
Anybody else play the black one of these they had at the LBGS at the weekend?? Very nice....Priced at £1800 for the show, this seems incredibly cheap by comparison...

GLWTS
[/quote]

This was way too cheap when it was up for sale in Bass Direct and it is way too cheap now! Really surprised this hasn't already been snapped up. Very versatile basses and top quality. Someone will be getting a great bass at a great price.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1393943401' post='2386083']
Anybody else play the black one of these they had at the LBGS at the weekend?? Very nice....Priced at £1800 for the show, this seems incredibly cheap by comparison...

GLWTS
[/quote]
[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1393977888' post='2386647']

This was way too cheap when it was up for sale in Bass Direct and it is way too cheap now! Really surprised this hasn't already been snapped up. Very versatile basses and top quality. Someone will be getting a great bass at a great price.
[/quote]

Thanks guys,
it certainly is a fantastic bass and a hell of a good price. I guess the market is just a bit flat at the moment.
Cheers
Thebassman

I've got a 4 HH Reflex , which is essentially exactly the same bass as this but with a solid colour finish on it instead of a transparent burst, and it is a fantastic bass with a unique sound.

These instruments are probably the Kings of the EBMM range, with a majestic sound to match. The bridge humbucker can sound like the best Stingray you ever heard, the neck pickup is incredibly warm and fat, especially if you switch it onto passive and roll off the tone control, and the option to select the inner coils of both pickups gives a fantastic tone that is a bit like a cross between a Music Man and a Jazz Bass with both pickups on full.

With the active/passive switching, passive tone control and four band EQ that features bass, upper and lower mids and treble frequency cut and boost the tonal range of these basses is pretty staggering, and the mahogany tone block inside the body combined with a lamination of maple and ash gives these basses a natural richness and definition to the midrange that sets them apart from other Music Man basses.

This looks like a great bass at a very reasonable price. GLWTS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump for a 'babe' of a bass. If I wasn't thinking of getting the 5 version (Reflex though) then I would be negotiating with you.

This is an excellent price. It will out P bass a P bass and then also be a Ray/Sterling and lots of other things...and do them all very well with a passive tone control and 4 bands EQ if you want it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...