Why become a member? ×

VARIOUS PEDALS UP FOR GRABS!! ALL PEDALS SOLD!!

terry k

i,ve decided to sell these pedals ( probably regret it next week :) )

Boss OC-2 this is an original japanese model,very rare and in really good condition for age.a few scratches as you would expect but works perfectly and is by far the best octave pedal i,ve played. £75 SOLD!!

Boss CE-5 great chorus pedal.i,ve had loads of chorus pedals and found this to be as good as any of them,its in excellent condition £30 SOLD!!

Boss NS-2 noise suppressor in perfect condition.this pedal does a brilliant job of eliminating hum/noise in a multi pedal set up,works really well £30 SOLD!!

Boss RV-3 this is a discontinued pedal but much sought after. its the reverb/delay version and its in perfect condition condition £75 this comes with instructions on a cd SOLD!!

MXR 90 classic phaser great sound. a couple of marks on this one but nothing drastic £40 SOLD!!

Power bank- this powers up to five 9 volt pedals and will save you a fortune in batteries :huh: £20 SOLD!!

i dont have original boxes but i,ll pack them really well.i,m guessing shipping will be £5 per pedal

any questions please pm me

cheers Terry

Edited by terry k

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='233897' date='Jul 7 2008, 07:09 AM']OK, I'll bite: What's special about this OC-2? In what way is it better than the OC-2 "Octave"? Or are you just pricing it as a "vintage" item?[/quote]
hi
the price is based on a number of reasons. yes,they are quite rare and when one comes up for sale thats the price they tend to go for(usually in inferior condition) i,ve had loads of octave pedals and this one IMO is by far the best both in sound and in its ability to track.i,ve A/B,d it against a recent OC-2 and it just blows it away,especially in a live situation,thats always the acid test.but ,as always its my opinion,some people might think differently :)
cheers Terry

I'm not trying to be funny here, but when you say "by far the best in its ability to track", is that in comparison to other (Taiwanese) OC-2s or to other octave pedal designs?

I've got a regular old OC-2 here, and would be interested in replacing it with another one that sounds as good but tracks significantly better, if that's what you're saying this does.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='233990' date='Jul 7 2008, 10:32 AM']I'm not trying to be funny here, but when you say "by far the best in its ability to track", is that in comparison to other (Taiwanese) OC-2s or to other octave pedal designs?

I've got a regular old OC-2 here, and would be interested in replacing it with another one that sounds as good but tracks significantly better, if that's what you're saying this does.[/quote]its just my opinion,the only way you,re going to know is if you compare them yourself.if you want,i,ll send it to you and you can try it yourself and if its what you want you can pay me then

[quote name='terry k' post='233932' date='Jul 7 2008, 09:12 AM']hi
the price is based on a number of reasons. yes,they are quite rare and when one comes up for sale thats the price they tend to go for(usually in inferior condition) i,ve had loads of octave pedals and this one IMO is by far the best both in sound and in its ability to track.[b]i,ve A/B,d it against a recent OC-2 and it just blows it away[/b],especially in a live situation,thats always the acid test.but ,as always its my opinion,some people might think differently :)
cheers Terry[/quote]

how does it manage that?? the circuitry is pretty much identical iirc, certainly identical to the made in japan oc-2's, only the name is different

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236765' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:44 PM']how does it manage that?? the circuitry is pretty much identical iirc, certainly identical to the made in japan oc-2's, only the name is different[/quote]
no idea. i dont know "how it manages it" i just know what i hear, and IMO they,re is no comparison. Does every mass produced bass/pedal/strings etc etc sound the same? i dont think so. :

[quote name='ahpook' post='243644' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:30 AM']you wouldn't consider trading the octaver for my boss syb-5 would you ?[/quote]hi there . sorry just looking for a cash deal at the moment
thanks anyway