Why become a member? ×

trace elliot amp

dazpainter

I am a 49 year old bass player. been playing on & off for 35 years since I was 14. for the last 3 1/2 years I havn't played as, being a respectable neighbour and living in a flat, it would have been too much hassle. ANYHOW my circumstances have now changed and i'm taking up the bass again. now i'll get to the point..today I bought an amp.the amp is used but in MINT condition. problem is, as it's used, theres no operators manual, the amp is a TRACE ELLIOT 715 GP7 150 watt combo, can anyone help ?

I've used one of these before. It will hold its own in any pub/club setting. Tonally I found it very versatile, and unless you hanker for lightweight gear, then this is going to to stand you in good stead.

The 150 refers to 150 Watt output at 4 ohm, 300 'peak'. Either way, very loud compared to today's contenders.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by RandomBass

thanks guys, the amp only has one speaker output on the rear to the internal speaker (combo) no extension however, as its physically "plugged" in I suppose I could disconnect and use the one output to an external cab (but obviously without the internal trace speaker). that's not an issue as yet as i'm only a rockstar in my own bedroom. no, my issue is simply lack of knowledge / understanding of how to operate the amp to it's full potential.
I NEED THE MANUAL !!! also, year of manufacture would be good to know....I emailed trace Elliot but am waiting for a reply..as i'm also after a cover for the amp.

[quote name='dazpainter' timestamp='1392019170' post='2363530']
thanks guys, the amp only has one speaker output on the rear to the internal speaker (combo) no extension however, as its physically "plugged" in I suppose I could disconnect and use the one output to an external cab (but obviously without the internal trace speaker). that's not an issue as yet as i'm only a rockstar in my own bedroom. no, my issue is simply lack of knowledge / understanding of how to operate the amp to it's full potential.
I NEED THE MANUAL !!! also, year of manufacture would be good to know....I emailed trace Elliot but am waiting for a reply..as i'm also after a cover for the amp.
[/quote]
Roqsolid get a lot of love around here for their covers. Whatever you do DON'T go with Silverstone - many people have had bad experiences with them.

To the OP, where are you based? I'm near Brighton and don't mind running through it with you sometime if you don't find a manual. Assuming you are local of course lol

EDIT: I just found a pdf of the manual on my lappy - send me your email address and I will send it over to you. It covers various models including the 715, and like you say states that the internal speaker gets all the power as it is a 4 Ohm driver.

Geoff

Edited by RandomBass

• 10 months later...

Manual here: http://media.wix.com/ugd/c44a33_e71eafda4b83410cbfb778cb2c1bff2f.pdf

Read it, the first pages are very well explanatory in how you should setup your gain and volume properly. I had a 1215 GP12 as my first proper bass combo. You'll find it hard to justify adding a second cab, it seems to never run out of power ;)