Why become a member? ×

Play alongs/ practice gadgets

Haroldhare

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi I'm looking for a device/machine anything that I can play along with. I'm practising my dorian scale at the moment, also learning 251 all using different fingering positions. But I need some music to practice with that I can imput the guitar chords and maybe add drums etc. Is there anything out there to do the job.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/color]

I use an iPad, amplitube and iRig. Works well for me as you can pull anything in from the iTunes library and slow things down without altering pitch. I know there's cheaper alternatives but if you've got an iPhone then the only cost is the irig connector.

Edited by martthebass

Have you got a mac ?

If you have then you can use garageband.

If it's dorian then I highly recommend playing along to this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEC8nqT6Rrk&feature=kp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEC8nqT6Rrk&feature=kp[/url]

D dorian and Eb dorian.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1391856187' post='2361979']
I use an iPad, amplitube and iRig. Works well for me as you can pull anything in from the iTunes library and slow things down without altering pitch. I know there's cheaper alternatives but if you've got an iPhone then the only cost is the irig connector.
[/quote]

I've been using the same for a year or so now, certainly makes learning new songs a whole lot easier and pleasurable. The iRig software comes with all kinds of add-ons too, drum looper and a recording and mixing suite if you want to spend a little more cash. Easy to lay down a quick chord sequence to play over, or set a drum pattern to any time signature, I've even used it to record band demos in rehearsal. There used to be a quality issue with the original iRig connector but the new HD version is well worth the money imo.