Why become a member? ×

Fender Nate Mendel P Bass - Sold
£535

Jathan

Hi all,

For sale is my Fender Nate Mendel signature bass. I purchased this new from Andertons about 6 months ago, but my band promptly took a long break from rehearsals and so, it has hardly been used.

It is still as good as new, with the only marks being the roadworn ones that Fender put there!

The neck has a fantastic tiger stripe pattern running down it which looks great.

Comes with the Fender gig bag, although I do not have the Foo Fighters neck plate which was supposed to come as an extra, as Andertons had misplaced it!

I am in Redhill, RH1 which is 5 minutes off J8 of the M25.

Not interested in trades, having to sell as I have 3 basses, no rehearsals and a new motorbike to pay off!

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Jathan

I told the fella in the wanted section about one Id seen on Gumtree just trying to help a BCer out. Didn't respond, so think that's dead in the water. Great basses these forget the SIG. Forget the FFs if they're not your bag. Just a quality p bass with nitro and several other great upgrades out the box

[quote name='thebuckets' timestamp='1392406042' post='2368454']
I told the fella in the wanted section about one Id seen on Gumtree just trying to help a BCer out. Didn't respond, so think that's dead in the water. Great basses these forget the SIG. Forget the FFs if they're not your bag. Just a quality p bass with nitro and several other great upgrades out the box
[/quote]

What upgrades does it have please. they are MIM right?

Nick

[quote name='Freewheeler1968' timestamp='1392416999' post='2368665']

What upgrades does it have please. they are MIM right?

Nick
[/quote]
Spb3 pups badasss bass 2 bridge lightweight ash body nitro finish (lightly reliced so you dont have to baby it)slimmer than normal p bass neck fender stamped 70s machine heads (they don't make these in mexico, they're the same as you'd get from the CS)
Bang for buck a top spec p bass I'd say

Its mexican neck is hard to setup if you want ultra low action. Nowhere near the quality of my other signature fender - a MIJ marcus miller sig jazz.
It does sound really good though and is well playable, just not great. Mine will require fret sanding to become great.

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1392419209' post='2368696']
Its mexican neck is hard to setup if you want ultra low action. Nowhere near the quality of my other signature fender - a MIJ marcus miller sig jazz.
It does sound really good though and is well playable, just not great. Mine will require fret sanding to become great.
[/quote]

Not wishing to derail a thread.

I've set up 5/6 of these including my own.

Any fully functioning instrument is never 'hard to set up'.

I've owned an MIJ Miller, played about 25-30 of them and about four of the Mexican made ones - the newer model is a better bass on paper and in my experience.

Utter nonsense.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1392419209' post='2368696']
[/quote]

That may be your opinion, but it lacks class posting it in someone else's for sale thread...

Edited by simon1964

+1 to the above.
Tbh I thought the action was took high on mine but I just needed to whip thew neck off and adjust the relief, new strings to my taste and its playing as good as I could wish for. iMHO I think these are very very good p basses. OK there's no graphite rods or ultra light tuners but there isn't in a vintage 70s bass, its as close to that classic you'll get without a remortgage and you can give it a proper gigging without needing a force field around you, get drunk after the gig and pick it up in the morning. It was modelled on a working mans bass and will do the same job

Okay. This is obviously the best bass in the world. Forget all the nonsense I posted earlier tonight except for the part where I said it sounds great of course. There is no room for honesty on here.

Jeez Louise so much for being honest all I said is the mm sig I have has better fretwork then my NM sig, AND that its a great sounding and good but not great playing instrument. If that offends you I hold little hope for you as a person.

Been setting up lots of basses doing a lousy job then most probably (like 80 percent of all guitarshops). Perhaps it is time for a carreer change Andy.

Edited by DiMarco

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1392423932' post='2368754']
Okay. This is obviously the best bass in the world. Forget all the nonsense I posted earlier tonight except for the part where I said it sounds great of course. There is no room for honesty on here.
[/quote]

Plenty of room for honesty on here. Post something in the bass guitars thread if you like. But undermining another member's, paid for, for sale thread isn't clever.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1392423932' post='2368754']
Been setting up lots of basses doing a lousy job then most probably (like 80 percent of all guitarshops). Perhaps it is time for a carreer change Andy.
[/quote]

Thanks for the personal mention; I'm touched.

Let's leave the for sale thread to it eh?

Thanks for the discussion, appreciate everyone has their opinion.

Fenders generally need a setup when they arrive. I had a tech look at this and lower action. He said it can go lower but I prefer it where it is.

At the end of the day, it is a Fender, has SD pickup, Badass bridge, looks amazing with the flame neck and is over £200 cheaper here for a 6 month old one than a brand new shop bought one. :)

[quote name='Jathan' timestamp='1392445666' post='2368837']
Thanks for the discussion, appreciate everyone has their opinion.

Fenders generally need a setup when they arrive. I had a tech look at this and lower action. He said it can go lower but I prefer it where it is.

At the end of the day, it is a Fender, has SD pickup, Badass bridge, looks amazing with the flame neck and is over £200 cheaper here for a 6 month old one than a brand new shop bought one. :)
[/quote]

I've got one and I love it. Someone is going to be VERY happy with this! Like you say, needs a good look over to adjust the action to taste (if you like a very low action) but it only took me a new set of strings (my preferred gauge) and about 15 minutes to get it bang on and you've already done that for the prospective new buyer :-)

If I didn't have one, I'd snap it up! SOMEONE BUY IT!