Why become a member? ×

Tone Hammer 500 V Streamliner 900

leroydiamond

[quote name='Iana' timestamp='1391773948' post='2361100']
Thoman are great you will have no issues with returns as long as you return the amp, instructions and packaging in as new condition. I have used them several times and have never been disappointed. Hope you like the amp and don't have to return it though :)
[/quote]

Hope I do. If the Streamliner was available through Thomann I would probably order both, compare and keep the preferred amp. Any idea what Bassdirect are like with returns?. What cab did you use to compare the TH 500 and Streamliner ?
Thanks

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1391775468' post='2361130']
Hope I do. If the Streamliner was available through Thomann I would probably order both, compare and keep the preferred amp. Any idea what Bassdirect are like with returns?. What cab did you use to compare the TH 500 and Streamliner ?
Thanks
[/quote]
Once you work out how to use the EQ on the TH500, I don't think you'll have to worry about sending it back :)

..spelling lol

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1391775468' post='2361130']

Thanks
[/quote]
Th500 through berg HD212, streamliner through bergs, Vanderkleys and baers, streamliner sucked big time through the ceramic loaded bergs, way too much low end!

I am lazy and don't buy amps where you have to fiddle, fight or finely tune to get a good sound. The EQ's generally don't get used on my amps. There are enough engineers out there designing and building amps that I can use right out of the box that I don't have to bother.

The Markbass LM2 was one as were both my Thunderfunks and now, IMO, the TH500 slots right in to that category.

I also found that these amps worked easily with my Berg AE112, AE210, AE410 and now CN212 cabs.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1391784641' post='2361266']
I am lazy and don't buy amps where you have to fiddle, fight or finely tune to get a good sound. The EQ's generally don't get used on my amps. There are enough engineers out there designing and building amps that I can use right out of the box that I don't have to bother.

The Markbass LM2 was one as were both my Thunderfunks and now, IMO, the TH500 slots right in to that category.

I also found that these amps worked easily with my Berg AE112, AE210, AE410 and now CN212 cabs.
[/quote]

I am very familiar with the Markbass LM11,F500 and F1 and they are very well designed and agree that they are not at all fussy when it comes to EQ. Similarly my recently acquired Tecamp Puma 900 works right out of the box.

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1391781913' post='2361215']
Any advice re. EQ settings on TH 500
[/quote]

Many ways to skin a cat, but
This gets me close through a pair of Aggie 112's, near enough the same through the Neo212.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90499974/TH500.jpg

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1391785385' post='2361280']
Many ways to skin a cat, but
This gets me close through a pair of Aggie 112's, near enough the same through the Neo212.
[url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90499974/TH500.jpg"]https://dl.dropboxus...99974/TH500.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for that