Why become a member? ×

Post reply window missing out letters when typing?

99mustang

I've noticed that when I am replying to posts or PM's, the letters go missing.

For example, typing the above and the ply in reply would be left out, or the er in letters.

It's a if the keyboard is faulty but it happens on my laptop as well.

So am wondering if it mh be something to do with th spell check sytem in the replies window?

The above as left like that as it is just how it appeared on my screen, the rest took ages to type correctly.

The faster you typ the worse it gets!!!

Thaks,

John.

I have the same problem. Plus, the quote function will not work for me. Also, typing my response in wordpad and pasting it into the reply box will not work either. I frequent many forums, but this is the only forum where I experience this problem. Weird....

The issue is with 'standards'.

Whilst most browser manufacturers use the standards described\defined by W3C, Microsoft have a tendency to manipulate those standards slightly in order to support various features that their server portfolio uses.

My understanding is that when our current version of the forum software was being designed and tested, IE10 was the highest version available to test against - IE11 was released afterwards.

IE11, like it's predecessors, doesn't adhere strictly to the W3C standards that other browser manufacturers work to - but... in a different way to IE10.

The IP Board developers are good, but they're not psychic. ;)

I believe that our next upgrade will sort out the IE11 issues and we can only hope that IE12 bears a passing resemblance to IE11.

FWIW - I'm a long time Microsoft fan, and this browser fiddling is getting on my t*ts as well...