Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM PJ Special - blonde SOLD!
£350

M-Bass-M

Hi

For sale is my MIM Precision Special, affectionately known on Talkbass as the "Cowpoke". The serial number dates it at 1995/96, and the blond colouring has an attractive stained wood-look finish to it, which I'm not sure you can see in the pictures.

The bass features a PJ pickup combination and active 9v pre-amp, with a stacked bass/treble boost and vol/blend controls. The original bridge has also been replaced with a high-mass Babicz bridge. THe neck profile is that of a Jazz, as opposed to Precision.

The bass is generally in good condition, with a few knocks and dings on the edge of the bass which can be seen on the pictures - none of them can be seen from the front of the bass. On the back of the neck the "skunk stripe" is slightly raised every now and again. I haven't found it to interfere in any way with playing the bass.

I have a box that the bass can be packaged and shipped in, with shipping costs covered by the buyer.

The bass weighs 3.4kg / 7lb 7oz.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by M-Bass-M

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1391554297' post='2358636']
Is this bass not the Stu Hamm urge signature Mexican made bass? My pal has the Mexican made precision special (says special on it too) and it's a big bit different from your one.
[/quote]

Nope - this is definitely a Cowpoke MIM Special.

Always wanted one - shame I don't live anywhere near the OP.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1391581857' post='2358745']
Nope - this is definitely a Cowpoke MIM Special.

Always wanted one - shame I don't live anywhere near the OP.
[/quote]

Yep quite right! My pals was a precision lyte.

Mods - apologies for updating within 36 hours, but I wanted to update the thread with some important information.

I have now found a box that I could pack the bass in, and so shipping within the UK is now an option. The weight of the bass is 3.4kg / 7lb 7oz for those interested.

Thanks

Mark