Why become a member? ×

Mazeti Seven String

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1390426786' post='2345437']
Never heard of Mazetti, but I do like that.

I take it they're not Italian :D .
[/quote]
Ebay brand from a few years ago, and almost certainly Chinese! I remember these - actually looks like a nice plank apart from the fact someone's clearly drilled the string-through holes & screwed on the saddles in the dark!

Jon.

I suddenly remembered that some time ago, I found a Mazeti guitar in a Derby Pawn shop. I remember thinking that it didn't look nearly so convincing in the flesh s it did on ebay. Reviews online are mixed, but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/17229-mazeti-basses/page__gopid__2345559#entry2345559"]this basschat thread[/url] contains some good reviews for some other Mazeti instruments. Edit: £15 delivery seems quite reasonable for the Mazeti, given that surely it must weigh a ton.

Also, while I said that it was unlikely that anyone would find a seven string for that price, I think that HK basses may have sold for reasonable prices for what they are, though maybe not as cheap as £250 (and it's possible the Mazeti might go for less).. If I remember correctly (which often I don't), the HK basses were German designed and Korean made. And IMHO they look the bees knees.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1390437683' post='2345562']
I suddenly remembered that some time ago, I found a Mazeti guitar in a Derby Pawn shop. I remember thinking that it didn't look nearly so convincing in the flesh s it did on ebay. Reviews online are mixed, but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/17229-mazeti-basses/page__gopid__2345559#entry2345559"]this basschat thread[/url] contains some good reviews for some other Mazeti instruments. Edit: £15 delivery seems quite reasonable for the Mazeti, given that surely it must weigh a ton.

Also, while I said that it was unlikely that anyone would find a seven string for that price, I think that HK basses may have sold for reasonable prices for what they are, though maybe not as cheap as £250 (and it's possible the Mazeti might go for less).. If I remember correctly (which often I don't), the HK basses were German designed and Korean made. And IMHO they look the bees knees.

[/quote]

My old one that (And my old photo!). The pickups weren't aligned correctly, so the lowest and highest string was being picked up by one or the other pickup. Otherwise it was an alright bass.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1390466250' post='2345632']
My old one that (And my old photo!). The pickups weren't aligned correctly, so the lowest and highest string was being picked up by one or the other pickup. Otherwise it was an alright bass.
[/quote]

In my humble opinion it's a pity that something that looks so beautiful would have a flaw like that.

Jon pointed out that the bridge saddles on the Mazeti are a bit wonky. Was it the same for your bass?

Apologies for any copyright infringement.

Edited by Annoying Twit

Mazeti was a brand name chosen buy an ebay shop/seller "Twincam" I believe they come out of the same factory as Shine.

I had a 12 twelve electric and have an 8 string bass. Both pretty cheap but reasonably good quality for the price.

[URL=http://s970.photobucket.com/user/gelfin5959/media/Maz1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/gelfin5959/Maz1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]