Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline JO5 SOLD

P-T-P

I've had this bass for a couple of months and it's come very close to replacing my DJ5 as my main bass but a couple of gigs on the weekend with the DJ5 just reinforced that it's the bass for me so I figure I'll put this JO5 out there and see if anything interesting comes of it.

[attachment=10264:jo5_01.jpg]

As you can see, it's a lovely 3TSB finish with a replacement black pickguard (still have the original mint one too) with a maple fretboard on a maple neck.

The pick-ups are Lindy Fralins and sound amazing, especially (IMHO) with the J-Retro installed. There's a massive range of tones available to use and even the tiniest tweak of one of the controls makes a difference.

The basic tone gives thick lower-mids with tight lows and sweet, singing highs. The J-Retro allows you to add a healthy dollop of punchy low-end presence and can give the highs extra zing. The sweepable mids can either re-inforce the bottom end or really bring out that classic honking jazz bass tone.

The set-up is great with a straight and true neck and very low action. Those of a more "digging in" persuasion may need to raise the action a smidge. The bass is in excellent used condition. It's not new but there's no major damage on there either. Basically there's some rash on the back that's visible when held to the light and the obligatory "headstock v low ceiling/light fixture" scrape at the end of the head.

[attachment=10265:jo5_02.jpg]

Have the opportunity for a DJ5 if I can raise the cash in a hurry so this is definitely for sale.

£700 ono with the J-Retro, £600 ono with original passive controls installed.

Would trade or part-ex for...

[b]Basses[/b]

Fender Japan or US P or J Bass
Geddy Lee Jazz
Lakland DJ5, DJ4, JO4, DD or BG
StingRay 5
Sandberg P or J 5/4 (possibly)
Warwick Streamer Stage I or II (4 or 5)
Other Warwicks (possibly)
Others (possibly)

[b]Ampage [/b](possibly)

MarkBass LMII
MarkBass 1 x 15 cab
Bergantino Cab(s)

[b]Guitary Things[/b]
£100 to £250 range Electro-Acoustic
Mandolin
Telecasters

[b]Recording Gear[/b]

Line 6 POD XT Live or XT Pro (guitar ideally but bass possibly)
Behringer V-Amp Pro with footswitch (again, guitar ideally)
Audio Interface with min 8 mic pre's and ADAT out or firewire connection (MOTU 8 pre perhaps)
Drum Mics
Condenser Mics
Reference Speakers

Edited by P-T-P

Was the "soft focus" on the first photo done on purpose to sex it up? :)

Either way, that's bloody gorgeous, and it'd go very nicely alongside my Lake Placid Blue JO5 (without a J-Retro I hasten to add). I'll bet yours sounds sweet. The distinct lack of paper fundage on my part is a huge problem though.

Saying that, I have a 91 Warwick Thumb 5 NT if that might interest you in a deal?

If not, whoever buys it will get a lovely instrument, and at £700 with the J-Retro, I think that's a bargain.

Have a free bump on me.

Edited by Thunderthumbs

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='230428' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:59 AM']Was the "soft focus" on the first photo done on purpose to sex it up? :)

Either way, that's bloody gorgeous, and it'd go very nicely alongside my Lake Placid Blue JO5 (without a J-Retro I hasten to add). I'll bet yours sounds sweet. The distinct lack of paper fundage on my part is a huge problem though.

Saying that, I have a 91 Warwick Thumb 5 NT if that might interest you in a deal?

If not, whoever buys it will get a lovely instrument, and at £700 with the J-Retro, I think that's a bargain.

Have a free bump on me.[/quote]

LOL The soft focus was a product of lighting in the room and not being arsed to wipe the lens on my iPhone!

Would be a great compliment to your blue one for sure but Warwick Thumbs are definitely not for me. They look and sound fab but I just can't get comfortable with them.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='232643' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:03 PM']Any interest in a Roscoe Beck V? Love this bass but have always wanted a nice JO5 to compliment my JO4![/quote]

Could be, any pics?

[quote name='P-T-P' post='232664' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:17 PM']Could be, any pics?[/quote]

Hopefully Russ doesn't mind me using his pics.

[attachment=10413:clip_image001.jpg][attachment=10414:clip_image002.jpg][attachment=10419:clip_image
007.jpg][attachment=10418:clip_image006.jpg][attachment=10416:clip_image004.jpg][attachment=10415:cli
p_image003.jpg][attachment=10417:clip_image005.jpg]

[quote name='Bigwan' post='232706' date='Jul 4 2008, 02:24 PM']Hopefully Russ doesn't mind me using his pics.

[attachment=10413:clip_image001.jpg][attachment=10414:clip_image002.jpg][attachment=10419:clip_image
007.jpg][attachment=10418:clip_image006.jpg][attachment=10416:clip_image004.jpg][attachment=10415:cl
i
p_image003.jpg][attachment=10417:clip_image005.jpg][/quote]
Very nice basses IMHO the RBV's... I actually prefer mine to the DJ5 I'd bought from P-T-P last year, though that's a great bass as well..

Bump

Have the opportunity for a DJ5 if I can raise the cash in a hurry so this is definitely for sale.

£700 ono with the J-Retro, £600 ono with original passive controls installed.

Possibly accept some kind of part-ex deal that sees £300 to £400 coming my way. Jap P or J bass for example, Ibanez 6 String perhaps...

Would trade or part-ex for...

[b]Basses[/b]

Fender Japan or US P or J Bass
Geddy Lee Jazz
Lakland DJ5, DJ4, JO4, DD or BG
StingRay 5
Sandberg P or J 5/4 (possibly)
Warwick Streamer Stage I or II (4 or 5)
Other Warwicks (possibly)
Others (possibly)

[b]Ampage [/b](possibly)

MarkBass LMII
MarkBass 1 x 15 cab
Bergantino Cab(s)

[b]Guitary Things[/b]
£100 to £250 range Electro-Acoustic
Mandolin
Telecasters

[b]Recording Gear[/b]

Line 6 POD XT Live or XT Pro (guitar ideally but bass possibly)
Behringer V-Amp Pro with footswitch (again, guitar ideally)
Audio Interface with min 8 mic pre's and ADAT out or firewire connection (MOTU 8 pre perhaps)
Drum Mics
Condenser Mics
Reference Speakers

I have a Lakland 5502, beautiful, with Lakland PU's i may consider swapping....i prefer the jazz bass style i think....unsure though because i love my Lakland too..

Let me know and i can send pics...but as i said i'm not 100% sure either, lol. Has Lakland case too.

cheers

[email protected]