Why become a member? ×

Supposed Squire P-Bass 5er

Si600

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1388796242' post='2326305']

Yes it's a Squier (note the spelling). Not a Squire. :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that after I'd posted, but it was late and I'm on my phone. :)

Dannybuoy, thanks for the info :)

Squier5, sorry that I don't know everything and have upset you by asking such an obvious question.

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1388795051' post='2326296']
Its a bloody Squier P5! There are hundreds of them about.I have 2 myself.Yes they have Jazz pickups,yes they have Precision bodies and they have wide necks and YES,there are other threads on this forum about them,but they're nothing new.
[/quote]
If anyone would know, it would be you. :)

Squier5, sorry that I don't know everything and have upset you by asking such an obvious question.

:blush: .Y'know Si600 sometimes when I read back over some of my posts I think to myself 'you pompous tw4t!' I apologise for coming over as such.I think it was the night I had 3 screaming grandkids for a sleepover.As you can probably tell from my name,I use one of the aforementioned basses all the time and love it,although a previous one that I had was equipped with 4-pole Jazz pups which were next to useless.There have been numerous threads on the forum about these however,and odd as they look,they're not really that uncommon. ;)

Edited by squire5

Hey no probs. We all have off moments :)

I do the same thing at work when I've been asked the same question by three different people even though it's new to person number three :)

I'm after a 5 string P-Bass but all the Squires I've seen on the Fender website have a normal p-pickup so the two Jazz setup looked weird to me. There's another on eBay in black with no strings. According to the advert, for a small fee, the seller will string it for you!

Edited by Si600

It does look weird I admit.On mine I have a chrome cover on the neck pup so from a distance it looks like a 5 string P bass with an extra Jazz pup mounted at the bridge,as per the pic.I also installed an Artec 2-band preamp in mine and I use it all the time now.After a god setup she sounds great and plays even better although that neck is w-i-d-e.I would recommend these basses to anyone and if you can get this one sorta cheap,give it a good setup,check out the pups ( they may be basic 4-pole Jazz pups and therefore useless for a wide 5 string) then go for it..Tell them to forget about strings.They're personal.