Why become a member? ×

New Years Eve Payment 90 Days

deepbass5

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1388398121' post='2321437']
90 days is ridiculous , how many b2b contracts are there working on 90 day terms? 14/28 is more the norm and anything over one month usually by agreement :huh:

[/quote]

I work in B2B accounts, there are many 90 days contracts, and in some customers in Italy have 120 day terms! Apparently standard business practice... Don't get me wrong, this is a very large company doing business with other large companies. - certainly no way to treat a small business like a band.

i would suggest that those who can survive on 120 day options are significant in size that cashflow is not a problem to them - one large business to another large business working on 120 day terms might be fine but what i was alluding to in my previous post is large business who dictate unreasonably long terms to small business who really on frequency of cashflow to remain solvent - many small businesses are forced into the option of put up with the contract on long terms or lose the contract when the large business takes their custom elsewhere after the small business dares to complain about length of terms. late payments etc etc - can you guess i am in a small business <_<

Edited by steve-bbb

Agree Steve. I think the Government could introduce legislation e.g. to ensure invoices to non-VAT registered businesses are paid within 4 weeks. Should be easy, and maybe all non PLC registered companies within 8 weeks. There must be some way of keeping the economy moving.

In the building industry it's typical for the big building firms to stave off paying the small subcontractors until they go bust. Questions have been asked in parliament about this, but since the building firms give so much money in donations to the political parties bugger all has been done, That's why I didn't follow in the family tradition and go into the building trade, as my parents were determined I wouldn't have to put up with the late payment shenanigans. And that's before you even consider the Kafka-esque rigmarole of retention payments ...