Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sold Pending.... Farida FJB 20 Jazz Bass For Sale - Rosewood, S1 Kiogon Series Loom
£299

bagsieblue

Nice pair - I have an FJB-6 and often fancied an [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FJB 20.[/font][/color]

Which model is the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Farida FBM 8M, I can't find anything about them?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Do you have the original [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FJB 20 neck to sell separately?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What do these basses weigh?[/font][/color]

Thanks.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1388171753' post='2319162']
Nice pair - I have an FJB-6 and often fancied an [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FJB 20.[/font][/color]

Which model is the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Farida FBM 8M, I can't find anything about them?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Do you have the original [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FJB 20 neck to sell separately?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What do these basses weigh?[/font][/color]

Thanks.
[/quote]

Apologies the bass is the FPB 18M this one here - will amend the reference as required on original post.
http://www.faridaguitars.co.uk/v1/farida_fpb18.html
Sorry - I do not have the original neck.

I estimate circa 8 to 9lb on each for the weight - if it is a deal breaker I can arrange to somehow weigh the bass.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1388174625' post='2319210']
Thanks, I'll give it some thought.

Is the Joiners Arms still a venue in Chorley?
I remember playing there back in the 70s.
[/quote]
Ok fella - PM me if you decide on any interest.

Don't think the Joiner's is still around - a little before my time but still talked about with some affection on the local music scene.
All the best....

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1388841881' post='2326680']
Hey folks, I've had a play on this when I tried out all of Martyn's basses and it sounded and played very well :D.
[/quote]

Thanks Jim, yep - good bass isn't it?
The 'S1 Type' Series Switch gives some good versatility to it as well.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1388174625' post='2319210']
Thanks, I'll give it some thought.

Is the Joiners Arms still a venue in Chorley?
I remember playing there back in the 70s.
[/quote]

I spent my youth in the Joiners Arms starting in 1977 until it's demise (as a rock venue) in the early 80's. Dick Smith Band were superb, Last Chicken in the Shop, Wytchfynde, Dennis Delight etc....
who did you play with?

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='Prosebass' timestamp='1391028645' post='2352502']
I spent my youth in the Joiners Arms starting in 1977 until it's demise (as a rock venue) in the early 80's. Dick Smith Band were superb, Last Chicken in the Shop, Wytchfynde, Dennis Delight etc....
who did you play with?
[/quote]

I played there 2 or 3 times in The Reducers, a punk band from Bury, probably around 1979.
We always had good times there and I remember the landlord tolerated the local hipsters by providing an unlit corner for them to smoke in.
It was in that pub that I first heard myself played on John Peel - just before going on and I still remember the buzz.......... happy days :)

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1391029045' post='2352511']
I played there 2 or 3 times in The Reducers, a punk band from Bury, probably around 1979.
We always had good times there and I remember the landlord tolerated the local hipsters by providing an unlit corner for them to smoke in.
It was in that pub that I first heard myself played on John Peel - just before going on and I still remember the buzz.......... happy days :)
[/quote]

I must have seen you, 79 was the year I left school and had money for beer and spending time in the 'unlit corner'. I too was a punk
Bands played Thursday, Friday, Saturday and then twice on a Sunday as the pubs shut then at 2.30 in the afternoon. Happy days indeed :crazy:
Landlord was called Sid and I think the landlady was Irene. They returned to London in the early 80's

Edited by Prosebass

Funny, I always imagined the Joiners was still there but all things must pass.

The final Reducers gig was in Derby Hall Bury in about 1980 - we'd changed to new romantic and the local punks canned us off stage, we were barricaded in the dressing room for about 2 hours afterwards :unsure:

I also vaguely remember playing a pub in Blackburn called The Vulcan, which was a scary experience with Hells Angels chucking bricks!

Well.... this has took an interesting twist! Off Topic but....

Most of this is before my time (born '78), being Blackburn born and bred though The Vulcan went down in local folklore. It closed just around the time I got to the age of going out drinking, think I went in a couple of times.
It's now been levelled and part of the Blackburn College Site.