Why become a member? ×

Rack Equalisers

Marvin

I like my GK head but would like a little more control over my EQ. I'd rather not have a pedal. I've been browsing but most rack mount EQs are stereo/dual channel or 31 band mono.

Dual channel seems to be wasteful of an unused channel and 31 band a tad excessive?

Always limited budget :), any advice etc would be greatfully received, thanks.

There was a now obsolete product by TC electronic called 1140 which is a four band parametric EQ sounding great for bass. It can still be found used for cheap (considering the quality). IIRC there was even a basspreamp version TC1144(?). Not sure about the numbers. I can highly recommend these.
Besides that have a look into studio EQs. There´s quite a bunch of 1/2 19" and 19" versions out there.

I bought a Presonus EQ3B the other day. It's a less than half rack 3 band parametric, which I've put in the FX insert loop.

I spent an hour with it this evening, only with the MB's headphones out, but am absolutely thrilled with it so far. 41 quid delivered. Bloody marvellous.