Why become a member? ×

Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50 SV Cab advice

Hamsalad

Hello all.

There has been a somewhat similar post to this a little while ago, but it didn't fully give me the answers I was after, so I thought I'd put it out to the floor:

I have acquired myself a Selmer Treble'n'Bass 50 SV head, and I'm trying to find the best cabinet to pair it with. As you may or may not know, the outputs are 7.5ohms and 15ohms, which (correct me if I'm wrong) rules out any 4ohm cabs.

I've read that some people have used it with a 1x15, and what I'm really looking for is something great sounding and [u]incredibly[/u] loud.

What experience have you guys had, and what would you suggest?

Many thanks;

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1387741943' post='2315156']
Back in the day(!!!) we used a Selmer Goliath cab which had an 18" Goodmans in it rated at, I think 50 Watts & was 16 Ohm. A bundle of joy to carry around!

G.
[/quote]

I just drooled involuntarily - My back winced.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1387740054' post='2315130']
Something with plenty of cone area. 4x12 or 2x15 should do the trick.
[/quote]

Cool, cheers, having a look at potential models now.

Is anyone currently gigging with one?

-- Also, just realised that I may have posted this in the wrong subforum. Please move it if necessary.

Edited by Hamsalad

You've probably already found [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223999-nad-selmer-treble-n-bass-50-sv"]this thread[/url] describing my recent acquisition of a T'n'B 50SV.

The 7.5ohm and 15ohm output impedances are 'nominal' - the amp should work just fine with 8ohm and 16ohm loads respectively. I plan to use mine (once restored) into my two 8ohm BF cabs via the magic of a Speaker Serialiser obtained from OBBM of this parish. The amp will see a 16ohm load and should be quite happy with this.

I realise this doesn't actually answer the OP's question, but it is an alternative approach to getting 2 speakers to move loads of air.

I got me one of them, and love it! I use mine with just a laney 4x10 which is loud enough for pub gigs.

If I had the money I'd look at a barefaced super 12 or super15 for some proper loudness!
They're 4ohms but id assume that theres two 8ohm speakers wired in parallel. If they were wired in series they'd be 16ohms

[quote name='tom skool' timestamp='1387750256' post='2315295']
If I had the money I'd look at a barefaced super 12 or super15 for some proper loudness!
They're 4ohms but id assume that theres two 8ohm speakers wired in parallel. If they were wired in series they'd be 16ohms
[/quote]
That should do the trick. Probably easy enough to convert a used cab or fit a switch, or put in a special order to Barefaced.