Why become a member? ×

Iron Ether QF2 Copper and some guitar pedals
£75

topo morto

Iron Ether QF2 Copper for bass/drums/keyboards - [s]£170[/s] [color=#FF0000]£150 [/color]posted SOLD

Empress Parametric EQ and boost - [s]£125[/s] [color=#FF0000]£110[/color] posted [color=#FF0000] SOLD[/color]
Catalinbread SFT with 9 to 18v diago adapter - boxed, as new - [s]£105[/s] [color=#FF0000] £95 [/color]posted SOLD
Demeter Fuzzulator - limited edition NAMM paint job - [s]£100 [s]£80[/s][/s] [color=#FF0000]£75[/color] posted including power socket converter to run on a normal PSU. ON HOLD
T Rex mudhoney - boxed, vgc -[s] £75[/s] [color=#FF0000]£70[/color] posted SOLD
DOD Meatbox - [s]£130[/s] [s]£120[/s] [color=#FF0000]£115[/color] posted SOLD
Darkglass B3K - original handmade Finnish version - boxed, mint - [s]£175 [s]£165[/s][/s] [color=#FF0000]£160[/color] posted SOLD

Moog MF101 white, boxed, as new, £175 posted. Please note you will need a 9V Centre +Ve PSU (or polarity reverser). SOLD

DBA Soundwave breakdown - boxed, mint, £90 posted

Devi Ever Soda Meiser - Boxed, as new with velcro, £70 posted

MXR Bass Compressor - boxed, mint - £115 posted - [color=#FF0000]SOLD[/color]

Edited by topo morto

[quote name='Corvine' timestamp='1388163682' post='2319030']
Hi, anyone know where I can find a good demo of the DBA soundwave breakdown for bass? Can only find one on you tube and it's not very good, everything else seems to be demoed on guitar.
Cheers
[/quote]It's a very high gain thing and it adds more mids and treble than it does bass. The timbre is really interesting though, so put through an EQ it's capable of some stand-out bass tones. It likes to be first in line and I imagine it would scream with rage if it came face-to-face with an active bass!. Let me know if it still sounds interesting to you and I might be able to do a quick clip.

Edit : the thing that marks out the SWBD is that though it sounds off the hook, it's actually pretty 'under control'. (at least when first in the chain, and used with a passive instrument). So it gives you crazy fuzz tones without going off and doing crazy things on its own.

Edited by topo morto

I've just tried it after a boss LS-2 to emulate an active bass... and although it 'behaves' it doesn't sound so good, a lot of the fun in the top end is flattened out. To be honest I've never had much joy with active basses into proper fuzzes, or putting fuzz in a blend or after other pedals - there seems to be something in the raw coupling of the pickups and the fuzz that is where the magic happens IME.

I keep hearing about this Cog guy - I will have to make sure I don't check him out or I'll end up spending money! Good luck with your custom build. I'm not so sure the QF2 will go soon as I may withdraw it and spend some more time with it : I'm realising it's decent as a tweakable distortion even without plugging in an expression pedal and doing all the filter-sweepy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...