Why become a member? ×

Slapping on an EUB

artisan

most likely a silly question but would it work ?
i was thinking of using a Palatino/Harley Benton EUB
putting a Bassmax & clicky (my Rockabilly Pro system) on it & stringing it with some silver slaps or similar
what do you think,would it work ok ?
i was thinking it may be ok for smaller gigs where there is bugger all room for us to set up.

You certainly can.
I put some whackers on my HB and and a clicky and it sounds good, really good.
I've bypassed the original onboard pre amp and wired the pickup straight to the output jack and it's loads better, lots more bottom end thump, which coupled with a clicky works nicely. Swap the tone control for another volume pot and run the clicky through it and you have one volume for the clicky and one for the main pickup.
As has been said it will sound very similar to your bass.
My HB has slightly less definition than my acoustic bass (Gedo hybrid with Rockabillys) but that's probably just down to the whackers on it, which too be honest are too floppy for my liking but really sound good with the rigidness of a EUB, my theory is that the very low tension strings offset the rigidity of the EUB and make it sound more DB-esque than having high tension steel strings.

Thanks guys :)
I may just give it a go,although i'd have to buy the HB first but they are cheap enough.
It would make transporting my gear much easier & totally cure any feedback issues too.
If it works as well for me as you say i may even sell the DB & just use the HB instead. (did i just say that --shame on me :) )