Why become a member? ×

Combo Recommendations £300-£350 100w plus?

Mr Fretbuzz

Hey guys, what would you recommend? I want an aux in so I can play an iPad through it; use headphones and although mainly for home practice use, something powerful enough for a pub gig maybe. I've been looking at the Fender Rumble 150. I was thinking about the TC but some Basschatters have had issues with it giving up. Theres an Ampeg/KG/Hartke /Orange Crush option as well but mainly 100w.

I've played through the Fender..... quite like it as I've got a Rumble 15; I thought the Ampeg was close; the Orange seemed "harsh" but good for metal I guess. I like a warm round tone.

For the budget available, new I`d be looking at TC Electronic BG250, or either of the Genz Benz Contours (210 or 115).

Re the Fender Rumble, I really like these amps, and having used the 150, it will gig but if you have a big stage and a loud band, you`re pushing it. The Fender Rumble 350 goes for £430ish - not too far over that £350.......

These are really good value at the moment -

[url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Peavey_Tour_TNT_115_Bass_Combo_Amplifier/PV-03599572?CAWELAID=1830889410&catargetid=1821886122&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLbW_eOmkbsCFSvjwgodJA0AuQ"]http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Peavey_Tour_TNT_115_Bass_Combo_Amplifier/PV-03599572?CAWELAID=1830889410&catargetid=1821886122&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLbW_eOmkbsCFSvjwgodJA0AuQ[/url]

I'm one of those who had a bad experience with the BG250 but I collected a replacement today so the jury is still out. It will take a number of trouble-free rehearsal spankings before it joins me in front of an audience.

Anyway, back in the day I had a Rumble 100w - very good amp for the money (you can pick them up for less than a 100 squid), light, decent tone. Good for small to medium pub gigs and the like.

Bargain practice amp with a line in for my iPad and headphones out..... £229 with a Fender angled Performance 18.6ft cable. The crackling from my new Jazz [attachment=149783:DSCN2760.JPG]seems to have stopped too mostly but I'll give it a spin tomorrow :) No more having to stop at 8.30pm for kid's bedtime :ph34r: