Why become a member? ×

1990 Status Series 2000 graphite thru-neck headless bass
£850

simonroberts788

For sale is my 1990 Status Series 2000 all graphite weave thru-neck 4-string bass - it's a one-piece body and neck with a phenolic fingerboard. Its fretted and has the original active TB4 tone circuit with active cut and boost for treble and bass with a pickup blend. Just called a very friendly lady at Status who gave me all the details on this and confirmed the year of manufacture, model, spec, value, etc. Serial number is 408. It's very dark blue in colour and you can see the woven graphite through the finish - looks awesome. It plays great with a super low action but not buzzy. Neck is straight and true as you'd imagine with a graphite neck. It's got that classic Status sound with plenty of bass and treble on offer. Near immaculate condition - a couple of tiny marks on the treble edge of the fingerboard. Small amount of black paint coming off the brass bridge and string retainer. Strap locks added. See pics. Flight case included but needs refoaming. Located in Cornwall. I would consider trades for a 4 string Stingray or similar. I'm happy to ship it within the UK.

Edited by simonroberts788

:gas: Gorgeous!!

[quote name='simonroberts788' timestamp='1385033217' post='2283584']
It's very dark blue in colour [/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8VFecEzkgk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8VFecEzkgk[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='simonroberts788' timestamp='1386852628' post='2305325']
Hi Karlfer - sorry - not sure of the etiquette - can you put me in contact with someone who can arrange that?
[/quote]

No need to apologise to me Simon, I make more mistakes than most.
I have hopefully pm'd you a link to MB1.
Good luck.