Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe Basses

kemper162

I had the Ric copy one. Looked lovely but could tell it was cheaply made. All the electrics were cheap and replaced, the fittings/trim were cheply put together and the pups were slightly out of line. Not terrible for the price but you get what you pay for (or i did whith that particular model) - a cheap bass for cheap pennies

The early RV4 basses did suffer occasionally from cheap pots and switches so I had these all uprated for the second batch which are now all sold and out of production. The same higher grade components are now standard on the new Vantage, Zygote and EVO models so hopefully there should be no issues with these new models and indeed all those I have played and set up so far have been very nice.

For those who are interested and didn't know my name is David Konig and I design, import and sell the Retrovibe range of basses. I am of course happy to answer any questions or queries so please feel free to post or PM me.

I used to own an RV4 which, to be honest, was pretty cheaply made. The neck and fretwork was particularly poor. There were various reports of other Retrovibe basses of that era having very poorly aligned pickup routes, or simply inaccurately placed pickup routes. THings may have improved in the Retrovibe camp since then, but if my experience was anything to go by, then I'd rather be spending my money on a new Squier at the moment. Or even better on a used bass. You can pickup some really pro basses for £200-£300 these days used.

I have a Retrovibe Vantage Mk 1 that's coming up to 2 years old, and I love it. Had no issues at all with build quality or electrics. The big fat bridge humbucker is a beast!!!

It makes bass players do a double take when they see it.

It's certainly not a Fender or an R* (I have them as well), but you're not paying those new prices. Horses, courses, etc

I own a black RV5 and the only issue I had with it was the bar over the strings was a very flimsy construction and may as well be taken off, but it needs something to hold the A string down. The sound is superb with a bit of treble rolled off. Great for the money, but needed just that little bit of attention.