Why become a member? ×

Christian McBride Trio at Ronnie Scotts

tedmanzie

Anyone see this last night or on monday night?

I went last night, they were unbelievably brilliant.
I prefer it when they go a bit 'out there'... 'My Favourite Things' was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard.

If they hadn't flown off today I would be queuing at Ronnie's for a return!

I was the engineer running the show last night and the guy that legged it on stage to plug christians mic back in at the top of the show :D they were incredible especially the last number going through the soul hits some of those lines i struggle with on electric let alone upright

plus to boot they're all lovely guys an a pleasure to deal with

be interested to hear your thoughts on his bass sound?

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1384973383' post='2283014']
I was the engineer running the show last night and the guy that legged it on stage to plug christians mic back in at the top of the show :D they were incredible especially the last number going through the soul hits some of those lines i struggle with on electric let alone upright

[/quote]

:lol:

[url="http://youtu.be/XG63OtsKC7k"]http://youtu.be/XG63OtsKC7k[/url]

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1384973383' post='2283014']

[/quote]

Ha! I wondered what happened, i was sitting behind the piano in the last row so all i heard was a very loud crack and then the bass losing its proper sound. i saw you rushing on to fix it and then all was great! What a great job to have!

Sound was very good from where I was sat (bass was great), the piano was a tiny bit quiet compared to the bass but no big deal (is the piano also amplified?).

I thought the first tune, then first tune after the interval (Povo?) and in particular 'My Favourite Things' were genuinely amazing, although it was all excellent. They're all on a different level and totally blew me away in places.

I enjoyed the 'soul hits' of course but soul medleys played by world class Jazzers are not really for me. I wanted another mind bending musical journey... :)

Edited by tedmanzie

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1384977162' post='2283091']
Ha! I wondered what happened, i was sitting behind the piano in the last row so all i heard was a very loud crack and then the bass losing its proper sound. i saw you rushing on to fix it and then all was great! What a great job to have!

Sound was very good from where I was sat (bass was great), the piano was a tiny bit quiet compared to the bass but no big deal (is the piano also amplified?).

I thought the first tune, then first tune after the interval (Povo?) and in particular 'My Favourite Things' were genuinely amazing, although it was all excellent. They're all on a different level and totally blew me away in places.

I enjoyed the 'soul hits' of course but soul medleys played by world class Jazzers are not really for me. I wanted another mind bending musical journey... :)
[/quote]

Yeh my favourite things was great tbh i'm not too sure on names of stuff either but i was talking to the drummer after the show and he was saying its funny playing with christian because you forget sometimes how much of an incredible player he is and that some of the stuff he does nobody else can do

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1385043220' post='2283757']
Yeh my favourite things was great tbh i'm not too sure on names of stuff either but i was talking to the drummer after the show and he was saying its funny playing with christian because you forget sometimes how much of an incredible player he is and that some of the stuff he does nobody else can do
[/quote]

Did you see Christian Scott last night too?
Looked interesting.