Why become a member? ×

He's still here - but Lemmy glimpses Old Father Time

The Dark Lord

I'm reliably informed that the large white hose in front of Lemmy at a few gigs recently is an oxygen feed for him. Kinda glad he's given up the Marlboro's then!
Also JD sales have plummeted since he decided to cut back in that direction too!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEOi2SIrv6c[/media]

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1384366312' post='2275790']

I thought that today too. Put me off replying to be honest. It was like a Daily Twat headline.
[/quote]

Same here :(

In fact someone today told me they thought he was dead because they'd seen a thread about it on BassChat!

The original headline is, of course, still visible on Google so that's what I first saw when I searched for 'Lemmy BassChat'.

Not good at all.

Edited by molan

As many will be aware, the Wacken Festival performance was cut short after 30 minutes after Lemmy was taken ill. Various versions have been circulated, including he was taken in an ambulance to hospital, but this month's Classic Rock has more detail, and the Classic Rock Special Edition of the new album (dedicated magazine and cardboard cover cd) has even more. The members of the band were all interviewed separately, and it's clear that the othe guys worry for Lemmy, and openly voice their hope that he will start to look after himself a bit better. He has apparently curbed some of his behaviours, but he is probably a bit long in the tooth to start doing yoga and eating tofu. Watching the Wacken video, I certainly felt that he was not right from the start, and was visibly struggling, despite the tempo of the songs seeming to have been slowed slightly : in the CR inteview the band admit they should never have agreed to do it so soon after his heamatoma treatment, but I'm guessing they were contractually obligated in some way, and/ or the money was to good.

The new album is very, very good, and I'm certainly going to try and catch a show on the tour, as, and I hope I'm wrong, it may be a last chance. Lemmy will I'm sure never retire, he'll just go out with his boots on. He is certainly a massively influential figure in the rock pantheon and a national treasure.

Finally, interesting the the picture even managed to avoid any additional Rick content on BC. Bizarre.

When he does go they'll have to get two coffins; one for himself and one for his face warts.

From what I've gathered over the Internet, no one seems pissed they had to cancel some tour dates which is a good thing. Usually you get people whining about it but I think everyone just wishes him the best and hope he has a swift recovery.

Lemmy is an idol for anyone who is in the 'punk camp' of bassists. I include myself in that camp despite playing mostly metal and hardcore now. He was partially responsible for shaping me into the bassist I am today; him and Paul Simonon.

Get well soon Lemmy mate.